Board Of Metal

Normale Version: Dawn Of Tears - Descent
Du siehst gerade eine vereinfachte Darstellung unserer Inhalte. Normale Ansicht mit richtiger Formatierung.
dawn of tears bieten ihr neues album zum download an - allerdings nur in 128er quali...

Zitat:I am in absolute awe with this band. 2007 is, without a doubt, the most impressive year for metal I have witness so far. It would be impossible for me to make a "best of" list, but I am 100% sure this album would be on the top 5, and probably THE melodic death metal album of the year, no ifs or buts (and consider Dark Tranquillity released their latest this year too, which is saying alot).

First of all, these guys come from Spain?! Youd think music like this was only made in Sweden/Finland, but nope, here they are proving us wrong. Now, I have a hard time explaining why this album is so good because when I think about it, it isnt specially heavy, nor specially technical, but the brilliance of the melodies makes me forget about everything else. The consistence of this album is impressive, from beginning to end there isnt a single filler moment, they just keep jumping from killer melody to killer melody and making you headbang/hum all along, something VERY rare nowadays.

They arent overly original either, but they draw clear influences from other styles such as gothic, black, and even progressive, with the last track being 14 minutes, ( although technically its only 11~), melding them perfectly, and it doesnt get boring for a moment! Moreover, you can hear just about every vocal type there is throughout the album, including the so dreaded female vocals (which believe me or not, work great)

As for highlights, since the quality of the whole album is so high, those are difficult to point out, but I would have to go with "The pin and the pendulum" and "Blood on verona", though it doesnt really matter, as every song is a winner

Last but not least, the best thing about this band is they made the whole album available for download on their site! YES, for FREE! Go get it right now if you call yourself a MDM fan, you WILL NOT regret it, I know I didnt.

http://www.dawnoftears.com/ingles/download.html