Board Of Metal

Normale Version: NOVADRIVER - Deeper High (2005)
Du siehst gerade eine vereinfachte Darstellung unserer Inhalte. Normale Ansicht mit richtiger Formatierung.
[Bild: novadriverdeeperhighlo3.jpg]

Voe: 2005

Genre: Stoner Rock

Label: Small Stone Records

Tracklist:
01. You Want Yours, You Want Mine
02. Roll You
03. Deeper High
04. Turn To Stone
05. Dark Aftermath
06. Machine
07. Bury Me Alive
08. Stars After Stars...
09. Push The River
10. Blackout
11. Whiteout

Spielzeit: 49:25

Novadriver’s Deeper High sums up just about everything I like about stoner rock. It’s straightforward, fuzzed out brilliance.

The five-piece (with vocalist Mike Miers back in the fold, after a prolonged absence) keeps things simple, letting a good beat and better songs do the talking. I got whiffs of The Stooges, AC/DC, Dozer, Hawkwind, and The Hellacopters in Novadriver’s 4-4 rock. There’s a pop element to their songs (emphasized by Miers’ strong delivery), yet with a hard driving edge. Y’know, the kind of honest, pure rock that should be on the radio. The kind of honest, pure rock you want to be listening to while you refinish the deck or work on your muscle car. The kind of honest, pure rock that’s best served with a cold six pack. And like all honest, pure rock, there are plenty of opportunities for solos, something Novadriver take full advantage of.

Though it would be easy to lump the band with the Man’s Ruin catalogue, they don’t sound dated. Good rock is timeless and Novadriver’s execution is damn near flawless, whether busting out some cowbell on “Roll You” or slowing things down with the cosmic stoner jam of “Blackout” (or the following track, the acid drenched “Whiteout”).

I’m not going to lie and say this is one of the all time great records, but sweet good goddamn there’s no denying that Deeper High is a benchmark for riffs ‘n’ hooks fuzz rock. And as an epitaph for bassist Jim Anders, who unexpectedly passed away shortly after the album’s completion, you can’t get any better. Deeper High shows five guys’ love of music. Go get this. (Quelle: stonerrock.com)

Persoenlicher Nachtrag:
Die Band ist erstmal die letzte in der Reviewreihe "Stoner und Konsorten". Mal schauen, wieviele Fans diese Musikrichtung hier am BoM hat. Und damit eine Zukunft...

Meine Wertung: 8.0/10

Hoerbeispiele: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fus...d=34821480
ich - hier - *aufzeig*
...leider im moment im buero keine gelegenheit da mal reinzuhoeren Smile

ich mach das dann zuhause, wenn ich ned vergess Tugly2
ich - wie du weisst - auch, hab aber mom. keine zeit und keinen kopf dafuer, ich hols nach
Nanu

Damit ist nicht salva gemeint Smile
Genre: Stoner Rock
hatte jetzt mal zeit reinzuhoeren, ich finde die (myspace) tracks recht solide, aber eben nur solide und nicht wirklich aussergewoehnlich... sie machen ihre sache nicht schlecht, aber ich hatte sofort das gefuehl die songs schon 100 mal gehoert zu haben obwohl ich sie nicht kannte..

@padrak: wie repraesentativ sind die beiden songs auf der myspace page fuer das album?
Sind schon ziemlich repraesentativ. Mein Ersteindruck von der Scheibe war besser Smile
(18.08.2008, 15:50)elSalvadore schrieb: [ -> ]hatte jetzt mal zeit reinzuhoeren, ich finde die (myspace) tracks recht solide, aber eben nur solide und nicht wirklich aussergewoehnlich... sie machen ihre sache nicht schlecht, aber ich hatte sofort das gefuehl die songs schon 100 mal gehoert zu haben obwohl ich sie nicht kannte..

Kann mich dem anschließen. Klingt ganz gut aber nicht unbedingt frisch

Wizz21

(18.08.2008, 15:50)elSalvadore schrieb: [ -> ]sie machen ihre sache nicht schlecht, aber ich hatte sofort das gefuehl die songs schon 100 mal gehoert zu haben obwohl ich sie nicht kannte..

same here