Board Of Metal

Normale Version: Don The Reader - Humanesque (2008)
Du siehst gerade eine vereinfachte Darstellung unserer Inhalte. Normale Ansicht mit richtiger Formatierung.
[Bild: donthereaderemc.jpg]

Don The Reader - Humanesque (2008)
Genre: Deathcore (mit Post- & Math Rock Momenten)

For fans of:
Converge. The Dillinger Escape Plan, Botch, Explosions In The Sky
(steht auf deren homepage - für mich ist es eher Deathcore)

Tracklisting:
02.malfunction
03.teethgrinder
04.humanesque
05.con-sciolist
06.hotwar
07.pre-self deficiency
08.reader
09.designer flesh
10.makeshift splendor
11.i swallowed new orleans
12.guillotension

Zitat:Don the Reader suffer from the complete opposite of what I do when I write songs. My tendency is to rely on chord progressions versus the almighty riff. Don the Reader have so many riffs on their new record Humanesque that after a few songs, it feels like you”™re hearing a riff you”™ve already heard. The main problem with reviewing this album is that those few songs that aren”™t reminiscent of other songs are straight up awesome.

Running that thought through my head also makes me ask the question – should the album be a five-track EP? Herein lies the paradox of this album. It can”™t be shorter because it wouldn”™t leave the impact that the whole record does, but at the length it is it gets a little repetitive.

In talking about the album, I”™m going to skip past the first two tracks because they do what they”™re supposed to do – get you into the album. However, the third track is where the album starts to pick up. The main riff of “Teethgrinder” is nothing less than bad ass embodied. The rest of the song goes off without a hitch as well. The six-minute title track is a strong contender for the best song on the album as it is the one song that doesn”™t have anything in common with any of the other songs. It”™s even relatively “progressive” (if you like that term). The band starts off well on “Con-sciolist,” however, shortly after, the single noted riffs start to sound a lot like the other ones you”™ve already heard. The album flops until “Reader” which is another one of the best tracks on the disc. “Designer Flesh” fits into the flop category, but the band goes all out on the last three tracks (including the awesomely titled “Guillotension”).

As a summary of that summary, it”™s safe to say that there is a lot of quality content on Don the Reader”™s newest offering. If they are able to trim the fat on their next release, it could make a huge splash in the hardcore community. For now, we still have Humanesque, which despite it”™s shortcomings, still packs a pretty big punch.

http://www.myspace.com/donthereader
http://donthereader.com/

deren letzte ep gibts übrigens für umme auf deren HP.

midtempo deathcore mit einigen math und post-rock versatzstücken. schön druckvoller sound, schön abwechslungsreich, und wegen den post-rock elementen und der entspannteren gangart wirken die taktzahlen gar nicht so anstrengend, sondern kommen einem irgendwie sinnvoll und schlüssig vor. hab ich schon schön gesagt? schön! (8/10)
Ich drücks mal so aus: auf jeden Fall sehr... ähm, interessant Smile
ich weiß ja nicht, als "schön" bezeichne ich was anderes Smile
Ist irgendwie an mir vorbei gegangen....ich lausche
ich riskier auch mal nen Ohr
Also der Sänger ruhig mal zwischendurch etwas variieren, Mucke geht voll in Ordnung. (7,5)
nach mehreren durchläufen haben sich die riffs leider ausgelutscht. ich korrigiere meine wertung nach unten 7/10 Smile
ich werde lauschen. myspace klingt schonmal recht interessant