Board Of Metal

Normale Version: [REVIEW] East of the Wall - Farmer's Almanac
Du siehst gerade eine vereinfachte Darstellung unserer Inhalte. Normale Ansicht mit richtiger Formatierung.
[Bild: cover_3558141692008198.jpg]

VÖ: 2008

Genre: Instrumental / Progressive Rock/Metal

Tracklist:
1. Meat Pendulum
2. Winter Breath
3. Century of Excellence
4. Switchblade Knife
5. Clowning Achievement
6. Unwanted Guest I
7. Unwanted Guest II
8. I am Crying Nonstop Hysterically

Zitat:If you do not like trumpets in instrumental metalalbums you should stop reading now. East Of The Wall is a group from New Jersey making complex progmetal without vocals. Not very original nowadays, lots of bands do that. Call it progmetal, postmetal or I do not know what kind of metal, common feature is that these bands produce a very condensed form of metal. Music for connoisseurs, because it is not really easy listening this type of music with a combination of blastbeats, unexpected breaks, one riff on top of another and besides that, completely without a singer.

It may all sound very nice and jolly, but it is certainly hard to keep music like this interesting. East Of The Wall manages to do that quite well, thanks to the monsterriffs that they put in their songs and their very good command of the instruments. The pedigree of the bandmembers does not help me to pinpoint this band. Its members used to be in bands like Biclops and Postman Syndrome. Never heard of them”¦ Another con of instrumental albums is that the songs are labeled with titles that have you wondering what they are supposed to mean. With ”˜Farmer”™s Almanac”™ this is not different. ”˜Meat Pendulum”™, ”˜Switchblade Knife”™, ”˜Unwanted Guest (I and II)”™ and especially ”˜I Am Crying Nonstop Hysterically”™: beautiful titles, but no clue what they are about. I could continue here for a long time, but anyone who likes a sort of instrumental Mastodon with a tendency towards jazz should listen to this CD.
Quelle: lordsofmetal.nl

Persönlicher Nachtrag:
Sehr gut passendes Review. Im Moment eines der besten Outputs in dem Bereich. Hit it!
8.5/10

Myspace myspace.com/eastofthewall
Perfekte Hintergrundmusik, einen tick zu sanft und harmonsich, sonst super Smile
Sehr schöne Instrumental Scheibe Thumbs