Board Of Metal

Normale Version: SASQUATCH - II (2006)
Du siehst gerade eine vereinfachte Darstellung unserer Inhalte. Normale Ansicht mit richtiger Formatierung.
[Bild: sasquatchii0ye.jpg]

VÖ: 2006

Genre: Heavy Rock / Stoner

Label: Small Stone Records

Herkunftsland: USA

Tracklist:

01. Let It In
02. The Judge
03. Pleasure To Burn
04. Barrell Of A Gun
05. Seven Years To Saturn
06. Nikki
07. Off The Rails
08. Glass Houses
09. Rattlesnake Flake
10. Catalina
11. What Have You Done

Zitat:How far off could a reviewer be if he would make his conclusion solely based on the cover of an album? Way off! Just take a look at the cover of Sasquatch”™s ”˜II”™. You”™ll see three riders in the setting sun. First thought? Country? Bluegrass? After the first few notes it”™s totally clear this has nothing to do with country or anything like that.

“What is it then?”, you ask? Well, it”™s a kind of hybrid of post-grunge, stoner and old fashioned seventies rock. An entertaining mix, don”™t you think? This ”˜II”™ is my first encounter with this band, but as the title implicates there must be a debut out there somewhere and after listening to this album, I”™m going to check that one out too. The band just blows me away. ”˜II”™ is a brisk album on which the low roaring guitar sound is the main player. Tracks like ”˜The Judge”™, ”˜Pleasure To Burn”™ and the opener ”˜Let It In”™ are virtually oozing it. This is brutally enforced power. ”˜Barrel Of A Gun”™ sounds somewhat lighter, but shows nevertheless a band which likes it southern rock raunchy and heavy. Somewhere down the line the sound reminds me of what the Stone Temple Pilots would have sounded like if they had maintained the course of their first two albums. And that is a compliment! There”™re also some surprising tracks on the album. Just listen to the acoustic ”˜Nikki”™ and ”˜Catalina”™. Although these”™re completely different from the rest of the album, they blend in just perfectly and give the whole album a spicy flavour. Damn”™ tasty, to say the least.

Finishing up: Sasquatch convinces me that my beloved stoner-genre isn”™t dead yet and that is a calming thought in these dark days. So get you”™re lazy butts out of that chair and run over to the record shop!
(Quelle: lordsofmetal.nl)

Meine Wertung: 8.0/10

Hoerbeispiele: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fus...id=3015934
das klingt nach sauberem (darf man das bei in diesem Fall eigentlich sagen?) Stoner-Rock, groovt und rockt mächtig durchs Trommelfell Smile
ich hätte nicht gedacht das mir diese musikrichtung so gut gefallen würde. Uthumb