Board Of Metal

Normale Version: PROTESTANT - The Hate. The Hollow. (2008)
Du siehst gerade eine vereinfachte Darstellung unserer Inhalte. Normale Ansicht mit richtiger Formatierung.
[Bild: protestantthehatethehonv0a.jpg]

VÖ: 2008

Genre: Hardcore

Label: Halo Of Flies Records

Herkunftsland: USA

Tracklist:

01. Disbelief
02. The Hate The Hollow
03. Disgrace
04. Neglect
05. Obituary
06. A Smaller World
07. Free Us From...
08. Disowned
09. Asleep

Zitat:As I first heard Milwaukee”™s Protestant on their As Dead As We Look release and now their latest full length, I”™m more confident in anointing this group as the heir to the mantle left by Cursed; crumbling, antagonistic and sludgy but intelligent hardcore with a few segments of well placed and thoughtful ambience, all wrapped up in a nasty, gritty production and a merciless vocal assault.

With plenty of splits, 7”³ and other such DIY releases under their belt, its good to hear an actual collection of songs designed for a the bands second full LP/CD release as it comes together more coherently and delivers a complete and more fluid set of songs.

Look no further than openers “Disbelief” and “The Hate, The Hollow” for a six and a half minute look into Protestant”™s sound: earthy, caustic power chords broken up by a back breaking lurches and pain fueled vocals. “Disgrace” initially slows things down with a somber chug before unleashed a bitter torrent and an eventual, song ending calamitous groove. “Neglect” goes straight for the jugular while “Obituary” shows the band again slowing down to a creepy, somber ooze before again exploding in fury. “Free Us From”¦” just rips with savagery and “Disowned” is the albums ”˜catchiest” track while 6 minute closer “Asleep” has a rangy, hazy ending few minutes that serves as a modicum of respite.

Folks, this is no nonsense, no frills, no trends hardcore from a hardworking, DIY ethic band that has no desire to be rock stars and an equally DIY hard working label-check ”˜em out
(Quelle: teethofthedivine.com)

Meine Wertung: 7.5/10

Hörbeispiele: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fus...d=21351006
du stellst mich aber auf die Probe hier Smile
I know, i know Smile

Dürfte auch max. dumdi zusagen *vermut*
klingt mir zu "alt", klingt wie 1994.

so einen sound hat man heute doch gar nicht mehr wenn man kein geld hat. der ist doch aufwendig auf "als ob billig" gemacht. oder gehen da gerade unwissen und vorurteile mit mir durch?

ansonsten angenehmer hardcorepunk 6/10
Sonne Mucke muss auch wie 1994 klingen, sonst funktioniert die nicht. Und den Sound kriegt man doch sicher auch ohne echten Zusatzaufwand so hin.

Gewisse BM Bands brauchen für Staubsaugersound auch keinen Staubsauger Uglyl
(05.11.2008, 22:54)padrak schrieb: [ -> ]I know, i know Smile

Dürfte auch max. dumdi zusagen *vermut*

Falsch vermutet Wink

Hab sogar mal ne Hausarbeit über die Art von Musik geschrieben ^^. Kann ich mir zwar nicht immer anhören, aber auf jeden Fall hin und wieder