Board Of Metal

Normale Version: Mamaleek - Kurdaitcha (2011)
Du siehst gerade eine vereinfachte Darstellung unserer Inhalte. Normale Ansicht mit richtiger Formatierung.
Mamaleek - Kurdaitcha (2011)
Experimental Black Metal
[Bild: 299722fj8y.jpg]

Full-length, ENEMIES LIST
March 1st, 2011

1. The Hypocrite & The Concubine 05:50
2. Wake Up, Jacob 05:42
3. My Body Rock Long Fever 04:52
4. Sinner Won't Die No More 05:39
5. You Can Bury Me In The East 03:20
6. What A Trying Time 05:43
7. The White Marble Stone 04:19
8. Some Valliant Soldier 04:44
Total playing time 38:09

Zitat:I legitimately & understandably freaked out over Mamaleek”™s self titled debut CD almost 3 years ago. It was brilliant & twisted black metal. For various reasons, I missed out on the second album, which I forever regret, but I”™m not letting that happen for Kurdaitcha, their third slab of bestiality. The best part about this is that the inimitable Enemies List is giving it the ROYAL treatment, with a digital pay-what-you-want version that”™s out right now (FUCKING DOWNLOAD IT) and a super deluxe vinyl, super thick, full color art with foil imprint and insert. Only $20, only 150 copies, hurry the fuck up.

Mamaleek is made up of two brothers making a terrible & raucous purge from San Francisco. Their black metal is totally original, unlike any other band out there right now. There”™s throngs of weirdo fucked up black metal and Mamaleek might be considered part of that, but they do it without being gimmicky, keeping it 100% pure & accessible. Now I”™m going to say, “Black metal with strong Middle Eastern elements and world-music instruments” and you”™re going to say “WTF fuck that I don”™t want that shit in my black metal” and I say “Trust in me, trust in Enemies List, sit down, take 40 minutes out of your life, and have your mind totally fucking blown by Mamaleek”™s soon to be patented brutality.”

Kurdaitcha is fucking INSANE. There is so much going on, so many different styles pumping through it. I get a strong video game vibe from “Wake Up, Jacob,” specifically the Birdo fights in SMB2, with that guitar and its tweaking intensity, timing the jumps just right so you land on that goddamn egg. Then there”™s fucking Steve Reich piano as the twinkling foundation while drums stutter and religious figures sing Latin hymns, and that”™s interspersed between warped buzzing chords and hidden blown out vocals. There”™s mostly drum-less black noise tracks caked with industrial static, shrieking feedback, rusted screams, and silent haunted wind, there”™s a mournful ballad with plodding drums & cinematic synths, there”™s even a sludge pop piece that sounds like they wanna be best buds with Torche.

However they make it, with whatever the fuck they want to throw in there, it”™s blistering, engulfing, monolithic, and fucking kvlt as hell. Mamaleek are making their own black metal, copying no one, shocking anyone who gives them a chance. Kurdaitcha is unreal, exceeding my stupidly high expectations for a new Mamaleek record. It”™s a destroyer of things, speakers, headphones, faces, minds, and it”™s one of the best black metal records I”™ve had the honor of listening to.
quelle: http://antigravitybunny.com/?p=5064

Folk Black Metal jenseits von ... völlig jenseits! Also zur Hälfte ist es eindeutig Black Metal, aber was die andere Hälfe ist, kann ich auch nach 4 Durchläufen nicht sagen Laugh
gegen Ende wird die Scheibe etwas zu ambient lastig, daher gebe ich für den Mindfuck nur 7,5/10

http://www.myspace.com/mamaleek
Kommt mir bekannt vor... Ugru

Ich höre mal rein Smile
uweird <- der beschreibts eigtl. am Besten Smile
Mir gefällt die s/t von 2007 noch etwas besser, weil die noch kompromissloser klingt. Kommt gerade bei dieser Art von Musik schön fies rüber.