Board Of Metal
Der BoM - KISS Thread - Druckversion

+- Board Of Metal (https://forum.board-of-metal.org)
+-- Forum: Musik Board (https://forum.board-of-metal.org/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: The Hard Rock Café & Dragon's Lair (https://forum.board-of-metal.org/forum-13.html)
+--- Thema: Der BoM - KISS Thread (/thread-8053.html)

Seiten: 1 2 3 4

Der BoM - KISS Thread - Wizz21 - 06.07.2009

Mr. Simmons haut mal wieder auf die Kacke...

Zitat:News is starting to roll in thick and fast from the Kiss camp, with the usual pre-album hype machine spitting out some memorable quotes already. "Best Kiss album since Dynasty" says Gene Simmons; "The most fun and pleasure making a record I have ever been involved in." says drummer Eric Singer, continuing with "The chemistry and overall vibe really made for such a great atmosphere and the playing, sounds and songs just really capture what Kiss is all about. Classic Rock & Roll."
Sounds intriguing for sure. From the pages of kissonline.com:

Gene: "Our new album (title of which you'll just have to wait a bit longer for) is just a few steps from being completely done. We're planning on re-visiting one of the eleven songs, to make sure it's gotten everything it deserves. Maybe re-arranging it one last time. Then, time to mix. The entire writing and recording process of the album harkened back to an earlier, more innocent time. A time that produced albums such as Rock And Roll Over and Love Gun. And, the new songs have that feeling, I have to say."

Eric: "The end result is everything I could have hoped for. As we were working up song ideas everyone was very in tune and conscious of our goals at all times. Gene and Paul would retrace their steps from the past and focused on paying tribute to their roots of the early styles of Classic Kiss by paying close attention to the way they sang and the sounds of the instruments. The camaraderie between everyone and especially Gene and Paul really made it easy for all to bring the best out of each other. Paul took the reigns and headed up the project like the leader that he has been for over 35 years but, this time with a renewed, inspired and very patient style (he is a great dad after all). He really knew what he wanted from each of us individually and collectively.

We did the 11 new songs in small batches by getting into a rehearsal studio first to work up ideas. We then would move to the recording studio. The recordings would entail all of us playing "live" together in the room. As we captured each performance we would then add extra guitar parts and usually put a guide vocal on the track so we could live with it for a few days and make sure the tempos and vibe was right.

By the way we used NO click tracks on this record I am proud to say. We really went for capturing the live feel and essence of each song. And, Paul, Gene, Tommy and myself are the only musicians playing these songs. A true band effort and performance!

As for the songs? Well, no ballads, no slow songs, no filler... Just pure straight ahead rock and roll that has all the elements that made you love KISS from day one." (Quelle: Melodicrock.com)

Simmons hypt sich mal wieder um den Verstand, aber so isser halt. Na ja, solange Paul Stanley das komplette Songwriting übernimmt, bin ich guter Dinge das wir zumindestens einen Longplayer auf dem Niveau des letzten Stanley Solo-Output "Live to Win" bekommen.

Wobei ich diese Stelle hier im Text ja schon ziemlich lustig finde:

"Best Kiss album since Dynasty" says Gene Simmons"

Besser als das superdupertolle Discoalbum "Dynasty"? Boah Gene, meine Fresse, besser geht doch schon fast gar nicht mehr, wie wollt ihr dieses epochale Jahrhundertwerk bloß übertrumpfen?... Uvogel Uglyl

RE: Kiss: Das beste Album seit 30 Jahren? - JoeyDeMaio - 06.07.2009

Uhm..wenn ich da so lese Livefeeling, No Click Tracks usw...war doch das gleiche Schema wie Iron Maidn mit A matter of..durchgezogen hat?
Ist ja auch nicht umbedingt bei jedem angekommen. Oder sollte es gar ein versteckter Hinweis auf Carnival of Souls sein... ^^

Und Wizz, du musst denken wie Gene. Der denkt in $$$. Von daher kann ich seine Aussage, "besser als Dynasty" verstehen.
Das Album ging ja dank Discopopnummer "I was made for.." weg wie warme Semmeln...

Aber ehrlich, solange Paul das Szepter in der Hand hält bin ich auch sehr guter Dinge Smile
Nur "no ballads" find ich bissl sch...ade Smile
Grad da haben Kiss einige Evergreens geschaffen
die wohl noch unsere UrUrUrUr...Urenkel beim popp...äh..beim Kuscheln am Lagerfeuer lauschen werden.

RE: Kiss: Das beste Album seit 30 Jahren? - Wizz21 - 06.07.2009

(06.07.2009, 14:55)JoeyDeMaio schrieb: Oder sollte es gar ein versteckter Hinweis auf Carnival of Souls sein... ^^

Also aus den Fehler hat die Band ganz sicher gelernt, die "Carnival of Souls" hat sich damals sicher noch weniger als "(Music from) The Elder" verkauft...muss man auch erstmal schaffen sowas... *g*

(06.07.2009, 14:55)JoeyDeMaio schrieb: Und Wizz, du musst denken wie Gene. Der denkt in $$$. Von daher kann ich seine Aussage, "besser als Dynasty" verstehen.
Das Album ging ja dank Discopopnummer "I was made for.." weg wie warme Semmeln...

Stimmt. Trotzdem hätte er anstatt "Dynasty" mal "Revenge" sagen sollen, da war schließlich mit "God Gave Rock 'n' Roll To You" auch ein Chartbreaker drauf =)

(06.07.2009, 14:55)JoeyDeMaio schrieb: Aber ehrlich, solange Paul das Szepter in der Hand hält bin ich auch sehr guter Dinge Smile
Nur "no ballads" find ich bissl sch...ade Smile
Grad da haben Kiss einige Evergreens geschaffen
die wohl noch unsere UrUrUrUr...Urenkel beim popp...äh..beim Kuscheln am Lagerfeuer lauschen werden.

Thema Songwriting: Ich glaub der Gene wird gerade mal wieder viel zu sehr damit beschäftigt sein blonde langhaarige Playboyhäschen zu vögeln die inzwischen locker seine Enkeltöcher sein könnten Uglyl

Der Stanley soll sich währenddessen mal schön im Studio verschanzen, sich vielleicht noch den ein oder anderen Co-Songwriter wie Desmond Child oder Nikki Sixx suchen und dann mal locker drauf los komponieren. Und das auf der Scheibe keine Ballade drauf sein wird, glaub ich erst wenn ich das Album mit eigenen Ohren zum ersten Mal gehört habe.

RE: Kiss: Das beste Album seit 30 Jahren? - JoeyDeMaio - 06.07.2009

An ein Revenge 2 glaub ich nicht (mehr).
Das wäre das gleiche als würde ich von Manowar "Kings Of Metal 2" erwarten....

Irgendwie ist meine Erwartungshaltung leider ziemlich niedrig wenn ich an PsychoDings denke.
Andererseits, Stanley hat mit Live to Win bewiesen das ers drauf hat und ich denke unterm Kissbanner wirds noch ne Ecke härter.
Und Revenge kam ja auch nach den Weichspüler Hot in the shade raus.....
Ach Kacke...ich erwarte wieder zuviel... ^^

RE: Kiss: Das beste Album seit 30 Jahren? - Wizz21 - 06.07.2009

(06.07.2009, 15:26)JoeyDeMaio schrieb: Andererseits, Stanley hat mit Live to Win bewiesen das ers drauf hat und ich denke unterm Kissbanner wirds noch ne Ecke härter.
Und Revenge kam ja auch nach den Weichspüler Hot in the shade raus.....
Ach Kacke...ich erwarte wieder zuviel... ^^

Übertriebene Erwartungshaltung in Sachen Kiss bzw. den Soloalben der Herrschaften hab ich mir spätestens nach der "Psycho Circus" entgültig abgewöhnt. Dadurch fand ich dann aber auch ein Album wie "Live to Win" gleich nochmal 10 x geiler ^^

RE: Kiss: Das beste Album seit 30 Jahren? - Wizz21 - 10.07.2009

Inzwischen hat sich auch Paul Stanley zum neuen Album geäussert:

Zitat:MESSAGE FROM PAUL

THIS IS KISS. CLASSIC KISS!

If you been reading KISSONLINE, it's no surprise to you now. We ARE done recording our new album.

What might well be a surprise is that at the least, the album is right up there with our best. As much as we may have tried at some other times to achieve this, the chemistry, line-up or lack of total commitment from everyone might have been cause for it being impossible. Not now. Not this time.

I know that when you hear it you will agree.

Before we began the album, I said I was only interested in doing it if I produced and we followed set ground rules; Total commitment by everyone, pure guitar driven KISS, no outside writers, no outside players and my opinion and say would always be final.

All said yes and I know we'd all say we've never had more fun together.

All four of us made this our priority. Everyone was involved everyday. From the first day of writing to the last day of recording everyone was there giving 100% to making this the album we knew we had in us. I've never seen Gene more selfless (yes...Gene!), focused or harder working. His bass playing, songs and overall contribution help to make this the album you've wanted for so long. Without his spirit, this wouldn't have been possible.

As far as Tommy's guitar playing, he took this chance at bat to consistently hit it out of the park. His playing is fiery and rooted firmly in our history, while making his own mark. Tommy's singing, writing contributions and total involvement made clear what's been missing for so long.

In the twenty years I've known Eric, I've never seen him this relaxed or creative. His playing is the foundation of our next step forward. Relentless and full of spit and swagger. Many lead singers don't have Eric's chops or range. He's singing great on his track and all over the album.

Wait till you hear what we've got for you.

Do I sound proud of everyone and what we've done together? I am, and I should be.

Eleven songs. Eleven winners.

This IS KISS. Classic KISS.

It's been a long time coming.

PAUL

Fuck, jetzt werd ich aber auch so langsam hibbelig...

RE: Kiss: Das beste Album seit 30 Jahren? - JoeyDeMaio - 10.07.2009

Zitat:I've never seen Gene more selfless (yes...Gene!)

Hm..ob ich das jetzt wirklich so glauben soll? Gene das eitle Männchen unterwirft sich Paul?
Ich meine, für das Album kann es nur gut sein, aber...ich glaubs einfach nicht ^^

Wäre das gleiche wenn Joey zu Eric sagen würde: "Du true Brother of the truest, lass uns ein fucking true "Kings Of Metal Part 2" truen..äh ..machen und ich verzichte auf mein MöchteGernWagner-Gefrickle...usw"

RE: Kiss: Das beste Album seit 30 Jahren? - PunkZERO - 10.07.2009

[Bild: Nemi0607_600x194.gif]

RE: Kiss: Das beste Album seit 30 Jahren? - Grim - 10.07.2009

Uglyl

Jo, ich lach mich hier gerade auch scheckig... Rolleyes

RE: Kiss: Das beste Album seit 30 Jahren? - chris2711 - 10.07.2009

Ist leider so dass so komische Emo-Kinder wie das scharze Ding in der Mitte die Bedeutung von Kiss nicht erkennen. Die Blauhaarige ist auch voll Metal!

Öhm Jungs.....versteht ihr Spass oder sowas oder muss euch das ncohmal einer erklären? Ugly

RE: Kiss: Das beste Album seit 30 Jahren? - chris2711 - 10.07.2009

Mir ist das nicht so wichtig aber ich glaube Wizz und Joey bedeutet die Band seeeehr viel. Da find ich sowas persönlich fehl am Platz - hat nix mit Spaßbremse oder so zu tun.

Danke Chris!

(10.07.2009, 20:57)chris2711 schrieb: Mir ist das nicht so wichtig aber ich glaube Wizz und Joey bedeutet die Band seeeehr viel. Da find ich sowas persönlich fehl am Platz - hat nix mit Spaßbremse oder so zu tun.

Ich muss mir hier auch mal den eine oder anderen Kommentar anhören über Bands, die mir viel bedeuten....und nur weil das Sankt Kiss sind, sind die nicht immun