Hallo, Gast! Registrieren

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Sister Sin - Switchblade Serenades (2008)
Sleazeroxx.com Review:

Zitat:Sister Sin has come a long way since I first reviewed them back in 2003. Slowly but surely they have been building a solid fan base by sticking with a formula and making the fans come to them. Throughout the years one this has remained constant however, and that is the voice of lead-singer Liv, who continues to stake her claim as one of metal's premiere metal vocalists.
As much credit as I'd like to give the beautiful siren fronting Sister Sin, you can't forget the rest of the band, especially bassist Chris who single-handedly writes all the songs on Switchblade Serenades. What he writes are songs laced with sex, hostility, heartbreak and violence which Liv then puts her trademark on. It is the polar opposite of what Accept used to do. Their lyrics were often written by a female, thus making people question the group's sexuality. But in Sister Sin's case the male written lyrics gives Liv a dominant harder-than-nails edge.
I love aggressive music and Switchblade Serenades has it in spades. Everything about this CD is done in overdrive as it doesn't let up for a second. Five of these tracks appeared on last year's Smash The Silence EP, and for my money "Hostile/Violent" is still the band's crowning achievement while also describing Sister Sin perfectly. "Beat The Street", the cover of Motorhead's "Just Another Day", the full-speed ahead "Eye To Eye" and the incredible "One Out Of Ten" are just a sampling of the great tracks on this album.
After all these years I still think Sister Sin sound like Skew Siskin and a harder edged Doro. By singing such lines as "I'll nail you down my little bitch, and spit in your face", Liv conveys a power that few men could claim. I'm sure every metal head envisions her as their own private dominatrix while listening to Switchblade Serenades - or is it just me?
Antworten

Nachrichten in diesem Thema
Sister Sin - Switchblade Serenades (2008) - von Wizz21 - 14.09.2008, 12:55
RE: Sister Sin - Switchblade Serenades (2008) - von Wizz21 - 24.04.2009, 15:48

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste