Board Of Metal

Normale Version: Biblical Proof Of UFOs - s/t (2008)
Du siehst gerade eine vereinfachte Darstellung unserer Inhalte. Normale Ansicht mit richtiger Formatierung.
[Bild: biblicalproofofufos-biblicalproofofufos.gif]

Zitat:This instrumental Cleveland act plays a heavy math rock sort of style comparable to a blend between their local contemporaries in Craw and Keelhaul, to name but a few, with lots of quirky rhythms and note-based riffing. This is of course different in its own right, though. It's definitely a little more streamlined and melodic, with tracks like the epic "Budapest Best" bringing in some excellent droning lead lines and clean guitars, falling back on heavier chord progressions and chunky time signatures more in keeping with some of the other material herein (and this style as a whole). None of the work is what I would call technical per se, either. They're clearly talented, and the performances are really tight, but the writing is pretty straightforward in some ways. The time signatures never get too wacky, the basslines tend to follow the guitars, the drumming is on point but nothing flashy, etc. But I certainly find some of the guitar riffs to be creative and interesting, and I love that they write songs based around feel rather than showy instrumentation (a common problem with instrumental acts), so I do like this stuff. There's a great balance of dynamics throughout, literally and atmospherically, with a good number of tracks reaching a darker and heavier vibe, while others mix it up with some lush harmonics and flowing clean breaks, and a scarce few get pretty damn rocked out (see "Sinkpisser" and "Arson Tells it Like it Is", for example). "The Universalist" has lots of winding changes and some killer arpeggiated riffs that are right up my alley (not to mention some random post-hardcore stylings), "Providence" has some sludgy chords that are a little different than most of the other chord progressions, "Liber Scivias" is softer and more repetitive - using some dissonant feedback that works to separate it from the other songs significantly, etc. The recording is a little thick and could be mastered slightly louder ("Cigar" is way louder than the other songs for some reason), but it sounds really good, so those minor issues mean little in the end. A little added brightness would help bring things out a little more, as the guitars are pretty dense since the bass tone is well defined to let the notes sit out front more than average, but it sounds very warm and natural, which is just what I want to hear for this kind of approach. The layout is honestly not that attractive. The color scheme is a little ugly, the typeface isn't that hot, the imagery... ehhh. It's alright. It's pretty skimpy, it works, but the visuals do sort of rub me the wrong way from the start. It's consistent, if nothing else. My only minor issue with the record as a whole is that it feels a little long. 46 minutes ain't so bad, but 13 tracks feels a little heavy-handed to me. No big deal, though. I had never heard of this band prior to this, and I have no idea what they're up to these days (if anything), but this is good stuff. Likely underappreciated, but that's all too often the case with bands of this nature. One would hope the traditions of their city of residence would score them a decent local following, but you never can be sure. Fans of the aforementioned Clevelanders and this brand of instrumental rock in general should definitely give this a shot.
(Quelle: aversionline.com)

http://www.myspace.com/biblicalproofofufos

Sehr guter Instrumental Jam Rock aus Großbritannien Smile (7,5/10)

Von der Band gibt es noch ein weiteres Album "Interstellar Messages".
"they come from the future" hat schon mal weinerlichen-gruppen klargesang Smhair1
...und die anderen songs auch

seichter indie rock !!
aaaaaah *wegrenn*

im aaargh thread weiter aaaa schrei http://forum.board-of-metal.org/thread-5...#pid119671
Dann sind auf myspace eher Songs vom ersten Album.

Ich habe heute das Album fast komplett gehört und die Tracks waren alle rein instrumental Unsure
(21.01.2009, 11:34)myhomeismycastle schrieb: [ -> ]seichter indie rock !!

Also was bei dir alles als Indie Rock durchgeht...
(21.01.2009, 22:04)elSalvadore schrieb: [ -> ]
(21.01.2009, 11:34)myhomeismycastle schrieb: [ -> ]seichter indie rock !!

Also was bei dir alles als Indie Rock durchgeht...

wenn du alternative vorschläge zur genre beschreibung machen würdest, dann gewöhne ich mir vielleicht auch eine genauere unterscheidung verschiedener "rock" spielarten an. Smile

oder bist du auch der meinung das die riesige menge gleichförmigen seichten rocks eigentlich keiner näheren klassifizierung bedarf?
Grundsätzlich sei angemerkt, dass mein vorgestelltes Album rein instrumental ist und es den Gesang wohl nur auf dem anderen Album der Band gibt, welches humus anscheinend angetestet hat.

Die Bezeichnung Indie Rock trifft auf die Art Musik (inkl. Gesang) durchaus zu, nachdem dieser hier aber nicht vorkommt, nicht auf die s/t. Einfach purer Instrumental Rock. Da braucht es auch keine zusätzliche Klassifizierung von "Rock".

Ich gebe zu, die MS Seite in Bezug auf vorhandenes Songmaterial nicht vorher angeschaut zu haben.
(22.01.2009, 11:18)padrak schrieb: [ -> ]Ich gebe zu, die MS Seite in Bezug auf vorhandenes Songmaterial nicht vorher angeschaut zu haben.

Zu deiner Verteidigung, das überprüfe ich eigentlich auch nie.
macht nichts, die rein instrumentalen sachen dieser band sind mir auch zu ruhig Smile

nennt man das, also das instrumentalalbum, dann "space rock"?
unter "jam rock" stelle ich mir lose verknüpfte improvisation vor. das hier hat aber einen deutlichen 70er psychedelic und ambient einschlag und ist vorhersehbar wie das ende eines bud spencer & terence hill films.
Kann man, muss man aber nicht.

Ich klassifiziere sowas auch eher intuitiv; Musik filetieren ist nicht mein Ding.
(22.01.2009, 09:48)myhomeismycastle schrieb: [ -> ]oder bist du auch der meinung das die riesige menge gleichförmigen seichten rocks eigentlich keiner näheren klassifizierung bedarf?

Correctamundo. Es braucht n neues Genre namens "Faceless Rock".