05. The Game of Fear
06. Enemies Inside of Me
07. Sample of Yesterday
08. Cursed
09. Experience
10. Crushing All My Enemies
11. Forgotten

Spielzeit: 42:01

The French band Eyeless exists since 199, released two EPs (Self Inflicted Torture and When Shadows Seduce) and one full-length cd (Path To The Unknown), but still is unknown to me. Every once in a while getting to listen to a cd without any knowledge can be refreshing! Eyeless originally played a blend of Swedish death metal and New York hardcore. This is still to be heard, but there is more.

Modern metal is being combined with light hardcore influences, some industrial, a bit of death and classic thrash influences at the eleven tracks. The music is quite technical and precise and results in a nice combination of melody, aggression and technicality. The metal influences have the upper hand and with the melody the music has some similarities with acts as Threat Signal, Fear Factory and perchance Meshuggah. The tracks are full of variation and all sorts of transitions which keep the cd interesting to listen to. Although the tracks are accessible, they have enough mosh parts to go wild on!

Vocalist Fred switches between screaming, growling and more melodic vocals, with the accent on the first two. His shrieking is completed by drums in a callous rhythm, a solid bass and an excellent guitar duo which comes up with sharp solos every now and then (Enemies Inside Of Me). Guest appearances you will find by Danny (Angel Crew) at Crushing All My Enemies and Jakob Bredahl (Hatespehere) on Cursed. With Tue Madsen responsible for the production The Game Of Fear is assured of a great sound. The cd is being closed with the reticent, instrumental Forgotten, which would have been placed better at a different pint of the cd. After all the intensity it now feels somewhat redundant. But only a curmudgeon would see nuisance in this, as this is an impressive cd full of catchy songs and all sorts of ingredients to give any metal head hours and hours of listening pleasure. (Quelle: lordsofmetal.nl)

Persoenlicher Nachtrag:
Heute empfehle ich mal eine recht unbekannte Band aus Frankreich, welche sich am ehesten mit den Daenen Mnemic + einem Schuss Core vergleichen lassen. Nicht unbedingt ueberragend, aber auch neue und noch unbekannte Bands sollen hier ihre Chance bekommen.

Meine Wertung: 8.0/10

Hoerbeispiele: http://www.myspace.com/eyeless
SATAN WORSHIPPING DOOM
Antworten
die myspace songs klingen gut, und da mnemic sowieso super sind, muss man sich das wohl mal antun Smile

ps: mnemic kommen aus daenemark Smile
yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
Antworten
steht da doch Smile

Danke Smile
SATAN WORSHIPPING DOOM
Antworten
klingen nett, werd ich mir mal anachauen. modernen thrash mag ich eigtl ganz gerne
GIMME FUE GIMME FAH GIMME DABUJABUZA
Antworten

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste