Hallo, Gast! Registrieren

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
[review] Serj Tankian - Elect The Dead
[Bild: FinalElect_The_Dead.jpg]

Zitat:We mostly know Serj Tankian from System of a Down, but after their hiatus in 2006, Tankian decided to take a new direction by forming his solo project. He�s the main piece in it; he plays most of his instruments as well as produced the album. Tankian also gets the help from System of a Down�s drummer, John Dolmayan and Primus/Guns�n�Roses drummer, Brian �Brain� Mantia.

Tankian has been hard at work on this album while being holed up in his home studio in Los Angeles. �Making Elect the Dead, I felt the exact same energy as I did recording System�s debut in 1998,that sense of open experimentation, that idea of �Wow, I�m actually doing this�� I was living, eating, and shitting this music every day. I�d wake up in the morning and the thought of working on a song was so powerful I couldn�t focus on anything else.�

The album has a lot of ups and downs, as well as a change in tempo. It seems to be there is no right or wrong answer with it, and a lot of freedom of creativity. It�s very political and has a lot of thought to it. He has also made videos for Empty Walls, Unthinking Majority, and Saving Us, which are all featured on the album.
quelle: craveonline.com

da hat der tankian mal wieder eine politische offenbarung rausgehauen. die musik ist hier system of a down sehr aehnlich, und hat wenig von seinen folk-ausfluegen als serart. fuer alle die auf das naechste soad album warten, wir Elect The Dead die wartezeit merklich verkuerzen, da doch starke aehnlichkeiten vorhanden sind. wen die starken politischen texte nicht abschrecken wird hier mit einem wunderbaren stueck musik belohnt.
zudem der plan zu jedem song ein video zu machen.
verdiente 8/10 gibts von mir

hier die videos zu den ersten songs:
Empty Walls
Saving Us
The Unthinking Majority
Feed Us
yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
Antworten
Ich denke  dem Album kann man mal ne Chance geben, SOAD war ja nicht die schlechteste Band.
violators will be shot. survivors will be shot again!
Antworten
politische texte? immer her damit! den videos nach echt gut das ganze....schoenes ding Smile

malde schrieb:zudem der plan zu jedem song ein video zu machen.
das ist echt suoer, zumal die qualitoet der video echt hoch ist und sie schoen abwechslunsgreich sind.
GIMME FUE GIMME FAH GIMME DABUJABUZA
Antworten

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste