Hallo, Gast! Registrieren

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Forefather - Steadfast

[center]Laeuft bei mir seit 2 Wochen auf Dauerrotation, da will ich die Scheibe doch glatt mal weiterempfehlen.[/center]

[center][Bild: sk003covws3.jpg][/center]

Zitat:Wow. I own all of Forefathers albums, but I cannot be said to have ever been a huge fan. I like them, and they are an original and cool band, but none of their previous works ever grabbed me as really first-rate. That is why Steadfast is such a kick in the ass, as it is Forefathers best album ever. Six albums in, the brothers from England have struck gold.

This is not a big departure stylistically from what they have done in the past, it is just heavier, catchier, and more aggressive than anything they have ever done. High speed Black/Folk riffing has always been what Forefather is about, but this time it is just better: the riffs are better, the playing is tighter, and the production is clear and heavy as a shield-wall. No intro track, no warm-up, they just blaze right away with opener "Brunanburh", and then things get really good with cuts like "Theodish Belief" (undoubtedly their best song to date), "Hallowed Halls", the smoking title track, "Fire From The Sky"...I could just list off every song as a highlight, as there are no really weak tracks here at all. This thing just volleys away like a mangonel barrage, scoring hit after hit. The only album I can really compare this to is Suidakras Signs For The Fallen for sheer crunching folk-riff mastery.

So Forefather have entered the big time with this one, and they are setting the bar very high for other Folk Metal bands this year, as Steadfast is going to be the album to beat. This album is pure steel killing from beginning to end, dont miss it.

5/5

Quelle: www.metalcrypt.com

Homepage: http://www.forefather.net/
Hoerbeispiel ("Cween Of Mark"): http://www.myspace.com/forefatherfyrd
Antworten
nettes scheibchen, mir zum kompletten durchhoeren (noch) n bisschen zu eintoenig, aber was nich is kann ja noch werden Smile
Antworten

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste