6. The Appalling 02:55
7. Void 00:40
8. Ubiquitous 05:34
9. The Beyond Within 03:20
10. Antithesis 09:32
Total playing time 42:10

Zitat:A death metal underwear soiler - 100%
Written by sysyphis on April 11th, 2008

I own all of Origins albums and I think they progress slightly on each one.
Echos of Decimation almost seemed like a pointless blur that made good death metal background music. If listened to carefully, it was a marvel of wicked riffs and intensity that could not be topped, that is until now.
Origin obviously wanted to take the intensity factor one more step ahead, but this time they may have created one of the best death metal records of all time.

The aftermath starts it of with the trademark precision drumming, surgical precision guitar playing. I have the vinyl and cd versions and the bass is more audible on the vinyl, although it doesnt sound too bad on the cd. Although it sounds impossible humans could make these sounds, it has a warm feel to it.
Regarding my statement about being one of the best death metal records of all time, here is why. Guitar tone is brick heavy but clear enough to distinguish every riff, but at the same time it is mixed so well, it bleeds fucking heaviness. Too many bands go for the heavy sound and fall short because they try to hard for a wall of brooootality. This record actually has space to breath, which is usually not the case in this genre. In fact it is a downright miracle. I know bands like Atheist and Cynic retain a lot of space in the music, but they cannot be lumped in with this type of metal.

The record is not as technical as say Spawn of Possession, but that is a good thing. In about thirty minutes your ready to hit play again. The vocals are deep without the cookie monster effect, but still retain a very powerfull kick in the ass to the music. This is one of the few death metal bands that, if they lost the current vocalist, the music would suffer.

Standout tracks are the opener The Aftermath, Void and basically the whole damn album. There are stand alone bass licks peppered throughout and sweep arppegios, but these guys know when to stop showing you they have fine motor skills that allow them to boggle us all with wankery.

The production is fantastic. I have never heard of Rob Rebeck, but If were putting together a record I would scrape up all the dough he needed to do my record. Also let me backtrack and say that on the last track, Antithesis, there is a lot of sweep picking, but somehow it feels appropriate to the song.

I know I am going to get a lashing from the metal community for saying this may be one of the best death metal record ever made, but this record made me dust off those old Incantation and Morbid Angel records and give them a spin. Of course those bands are different, but in a genre that has become parody of itself, its good to hear something worthwhile.

http://www.myspace.com/origin666

So vergoettern wie im Review wuerde ich die neue Scheibe nicht. Aber wer Origin nicht kennt sollte immer die jeweils neuste Scheibe anhoeren. Smile Auf Antithesis gibt es wieder high-speed Brutalitaet und technische Finessen bis zum Abwinken. Jedoch nie melodisch verspielt, oder progressiv, sondern immer brutales Gebolze ohne Breakdowns, Pausen oder Kompromisse.
Zwei Maengel: Der Sound ist glasklar, mir ein bisschen zu klar und die Scheibe klingt so wie die Letzte. Kein kreativer Fortschritt, nur handwerklich noch ausgefeiltere Mucke.  8,5/10
Antworten
Hatte ich schon mal irgendwo hier geschrieben...die "Informis..." wird wohl immer meine Lieblingsscheibe von denen bleiben. Die hatte vor 5 Jahren noch was besonderes. Jetzt ist der "Aha-Effekt" weg.
SATAN WORSHIPPING DOOM
Antworten

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste