Hallo, Gast! Registrieren

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
[MYSPACE] Onsetcold - Onsetcold
Zitat:Who switched the cold on? Damn, its Easter, past the Ides of March and we have snow in The Netherlands. And I am supposed to row in a lifeboat in the freezing cold tomorrow. For fun, even. Who is responsible for that? It seems as if though global warming is not setting in as rapidly as everyone fears (which is sung about in their song Ater The Fire), which I am tempted to take very seriously. And this album is recorded in the always sunny Italy on top of that.. Brrrr. We can await the First vikingmetal from Jamaica.

"Epic Metal", thats how they call it themselves. Personally, I hear plain death metal , with some keys through it, for some extra atmosphere. A fine atmosphere, by the way. Especially considering the fact were dealing with a debut album here. The band may be four years old, but in this world you have to reach maturity by own force. A path on which others will push the breaks before they help you steer the right way. I must say, the sound is immaculate, its just right the way it should be, very coherent. True craftsmanship.

The girlfriend of one of the members is not forced to the microphone, for a change, she plays the keys. Thats something different, I dare to say as a Dutchman. For thats the kind of band we have tons of. And shes blond, so no hardcore gothic, in which it seems obligatory to get that Turkish look, with black died hair and to look as if great injustice is inflicted upon thee. They think they look "evil", but adults just see it as moody. In that respect, the picture is a relief too, to have an old fashioned, tattooed rock chick in the echelon. Only in that respect, dont get me wrong, It cannot distract me. Her contribution is minimal, yet effective and useful. Dont expect any frantic keyboard solos, thats not her role.

The role of the men is as you can expect. Show some muscle, sprinkle some solos in between, display some influences every band mentions, but not this time. The influences that are mentioned are: "Epic Journeys, Mountains, Dead Hobbits, Burning Elves". Can I see some pictures of all four activities, including band members, please. Anyway, they sound like an ordinary death metal band, with a little thrash and a keyboard, performing in a way that they can be proud of. Lets keep an eye on them carefully.

Fuer eine Debuetscheibe sehr ordentlich. Death Metal + Keys, dazu einen Schuss Core. Nicht ueberproduziert, gefaellt mir dadurch sogar noch etwas besser. (7/10)

http://www.myspace.com/onsetcold
SATAN WORSHIPPING DOOM
Antworten
eine nette mischung, kann man sich ganz gut anhoeren. allerdings stoeren mich die vocals etwas
GIMME FUE GIMME FAH GIMME DABUJABUZA
Antworten

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste