2. Prayer For A Dying
3. Easy Greasy
4. El Coyote
5. The Dealer
6. A Truckload Of Mammas Muffins
7. Live To Die
8. The River

Spielzeit: 44:12

The new 8 song CD from Goatsnake has out done the last one and the one before it combined... It isnt better, but more so developed, and has a super serious doom feel to it. It comes across very much like some of my favorite bands, well I guess Goatsnake is one of my favorites right now so there you go...

What I mean is the way it gets into your head and stays there. You take one listen to the title track Flower of Disease and your humming while driving down the road, surfing the net, smokin bowls. Real staying power.

The performance by front man Pete Stahl with his blues laden doom harmonica parts and soul vocals is very impressive on this new cut. From beginning to end you are on a journey with this new one for sure. Starting out with the title track (tuned down to A!) you know how bad ass it is. Backwards intro that is super psychedelic and pure...breaking into stacks of Sunn amps turned all the way up. Business- Serious Business...

The closest comparison to an album that I can think of... and think in caliber and sounds together... Candlemass Ancient Dreams. It reminds me of the same kind of- well nothing left on earth- feel to it.

The 3rd song Easy Greasy says it all to me. It is the climax to this record (except for the last track...Goatsnake always saves the best for last...). The intro is pure Greg Rogers (drums) and is the heaviest intro beat...man. Then the guitars break in with this thick, low chord that shears your head off! Midway through the song it breaks into this heavy, simple riff that says it all for me. Un-complicated genius... This riff has haunted my sub-conscience ever since, and will yours too... The song comes in and out and leaves you wondering what the hell just happened. (Quelle: stonerrock.com)

Persoenlicher Nachtrag:
Die Band hat sich leider vor 3 Jahren aufgeloest. Immerhin haben sie es auf 2 komplette Alben gebracht, "Flower Of Disease" ist das bessere von beiden. Gitarrenmusik, in der man sich wunderbar verlieren kann, erst recht mit Kopfhoerern. Smile

Meine Wertung: 8.5/10

Hoerbeispiele: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fus...=123546759
SATAN WORSHIPPING DOOM
Antworten
Nanu
SATAN WORSHIPPING DOOM
Antworten
Genre: Sludge/Doom
yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
Antworten
die kenne ich schon laenger und sind genu das, was einfach an mir vorbeiduedelt.

finde einfach keinen zugang zu dem sludge-stoner zeug (es sei den ueber eine schraege psychedelic beimischung a lá ufomammut, die nicht nur 60er und 70er psychedelic zitiert)
Antworten
hab mir jetzt nur El Coyote vom Flower Of Disease album angehoert und sludge/doom ist das fuer mich auf keinen fall, eher Southern Stoner Rock... hoert sich aber nicht uebel an, werd ich mir mal notieren
[align=center][Bild: elfwl3l.jpg]
"Make the most of the Indian hemp seed, and sow it everywhere!"
George Washington

[size=x-small]Musik ist einfach viel zu wundervoll, um sich nur auf ein Genre zu beschr
Antworten
Ich lausch mal rein.....klingt per se erstmal interessant
[Bild: card.png]
Antworten
Das MS Zeug klingt echt interessant
Antworten
Jo, schön heavy, test ich auch mal genauer an
Antworten

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste