Krallice - Krallice (2008)
[Bild: 2042096n1.jpg]

[size=12pt]
Krallice - Krallice (2008)[/size]
[size=10pt]Black Metal[/size]

Profound Lore
July 11th, 2008

Current line-up
Colin Marston - Guitars (Behold... The Arctopus, Dysrhythmia, Byla, Indricothere)
Mick Barr - Guitars (Octis, Crom-Tech, Angelblood, The Flying Luttenbachers, Orthrelm)
Nick McMaster - Bass (Astomatous, Solecism, Sallah, Hymn)
Lev Weinstein - Drums (Astomatous, Sallah, Hymn)

Nick McMaster did not perform on this record except to provide additional
vocals; the bass tracks were recorded by Mick Barr.

1. Wretched Wisdom 10:14
2. Cnestorial 10:42
3. Molec Codicies 09:35
4. Timehusk 06:05
5. Energy Chasms 09:45
6. Forgiveness In Rot 15:21

Total playing time 01:01:39

Zitat:Vacuum black metal - 100%
Written by YggdrasilinBlight on August 10th, 2008

Hailing from New York and brought forth by Mick Barr (Ocrilim, Orthrelm) and Colin Marston (Behold… The Arctopus, Dysrythmia), Krallice is an experimental USBM act that rips apart normal time structures, encompassing you in a furious black metal tornado. Their self-titled debut album released through Profound Lore, is an hour long opus with six songs ranging from six minutes, to fifteen. The twisting branches featured on the cover art are a key image to understanding the bands sound.
Starting things off with “Wretched Wisdom,” freezing guitars commence the music and really get into the groove when the drums enter. Headbanging is inevitable. The vocals, by Mick Barr, have the echoing feature of raw black metal, but with the added element of sounding like someone stuck in a cave crying for help and not just angrily screaming at the world, as in they are quite unique. The guitars are absolutely majestic towards the end of the song. On “Molec Codices,” the drumming really explodes and is very crushing. The beginning of “Timehuse” consists of what sounds like someone hammering at a construction site and then crescendos into a wild fit of guitar rage. Then there’s the fifteen minute long giant “In Forgiveness We Rot,” as the ending track. The few bits of Mick’s voice are estranged and of course the song ends with a battalion of stringed axes.
When I heard who was in the band (Colin Marston and Mick Barr), I figured that this would be a strange album, in a bad way, as I am not a fan of their other projects. However, while the music is highly unconventional, Krallice’s goal to “create vitriolic time-stretching epic black metal,” is right on. The first time I listened to the CD, I felt as if I had blacked out for an hour, a plus and minus of the album as it can get extremely numbing and some may not like the drone effect.
Once I got to the second, third, fourth and so on listens, I really heard the music and was able to notice the originality and the beauty of the guitars and the album as a whole. Krallice is definitely a band to keep a watchful eye on as their debut, “Krallice,” is a wonderful, melodic, crazed, black metal opiate.
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=3540258039
Zitat:3 reviews, average 95%]

http://www.myspace.com/krallice

trotz der experimetal/mathrock legenden Colin Marston und Mick Barr ist dieses album ein normales black metal album. eigentlich hatte ich wirre experimente erwartet und bekam stattdessen einen kalten, rauhen aber vielschichtigen hassbatzen um die ohren geschlagen. einfach schoener black metal, fast zu schlicht fuer meinen geschmack, mit rumpelsound und dauergeknueppel. edel. (8/10)
Antworten
Da hatte ich schon mal reingehoert. Fuer eine fundierte Meinung hoere ich noch mal rein Smile
SATAN WORSHIPPING DOOM
Antworten
hmm...der track auf myspace macht anfangs echt lust auf mehr, mag ich total. aber sobald das BM-gekreische (wenn auch dezent im hintergrund) anfaengt, vergeht mir die lust und der song ist nur noch "ok". aber naja...vltl sollte ich da doch mal weiter reinhoeren - so stoerend wie bei anderen BM krams scheint es hier auch wieder nicht zu sein.
GIMME FUE GIMME FAH GIMME DABUJABUZA
Antworten
*lol*
die gitarren und die rythmsection spielen beide scheinbar nen komplett anderen song, der saenger klingt als wuerde am ende meines flurs wer rumbruellen und dann kommt aus dem nichts ein total unpassendes gitarrensolo ........ also ich hab ja jetzt nur den myspace song gehoert, aber ne danke ^^
Antworten
Ist dann doch nicht wirklich die Art Black Metal, die ich gerne hoere. Streckenweise ist das aber ganz ordentlich.
SATAN WORSHIPPING DOOM
Antworten

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste