Hallo, Gast! Registrieren

Themabewertung:
  • 1 Bewertung(en) - 4 im Durchschnitt
MOTHERBOAR - Raise The Death Toll (2006)
[Bild: motherboarraisethedeateouz.jpg]

VÖ: 2006

Genre: Heavy Rock

Label: Witch Trial Records

Herkunftsland: USA

Klingt wie: Motörhead in hart Smile

Tracklist:

01. Ode To Swine
02. Raise The Death Toll
03. Get Inside
04. Thundadome
05. Imperial Lagerblayde
06. Dead By Dawn
07. Terrordactyl

Zitat:Hell yes, after this New England outfit”s killer demo outing I was ready and waiting for them to unleash a full-length. That time has finally arrived as Raise the Death Toll is now in my hands, featuring 7 tracks of their patented sludge n” roll mayhem.

“Terrordactyl” is the only returning favorite from the demo and they offer up 6 brand new ones that completely took my expectations and blew ”˜em to hell and back! There are shades of sludge, Motorhead-style speed boogie, punk, thrash and even hardcore in their fierce sound. These guys never let up for a moment and don”t even think you are going to get some clean breaks or other nonsense to interrupt the action. This is white-knuckle aggression at its finest.

“Ode to Swine” gets the ball rolling with a combination of groovy, pummeling sludge and faster paced punk/metal that immediately brings to mind a more crushing version of Motorhead. The drumming is completely off the rails once again, and delivers an amazing performance with plenty of chops and some serious flash. The riffs go from driving and metal-laced to more down-tuned, hulking fare. Both guitar players are damn good at their craft and play off each other extremely well by throwing in all sorts of surprises along the way. You get some road-burning leads, solos and killer harmonies which give them an edge that many bands can only dream of. The gruff shouting vocals seal the deal for me and they occasionally throw in some gang vocals, which only adds to the punk rock edge.

The title track lays down a neck-breaking groove and completely obliterates the listener with the most rocked out twin guitar action on the record, sounding like the bastard child of Blackthroat and Motorhead. “Get Inside” is a bit more of a straight-up metal track but still maintains a killer sense of attitude and groove at all times. The band also closes this track with a vicious solo that is guaranteed to peel the skin off your face and destroy your brain matter.

The pairing of “Thundadome” and “Imperial Lagerblayde” is one of the record”s deadliest weapons as both tracks are a crushing mix of metal, sludge and punk. These tracks are over-driven, pummeling monsters that deliver massive grooves, gut-wrenching rhythms and some of the album”s most memorable guitar licks.

My returning favorite from the demo, “Terrordactyl” is still an ass-kicker when stood side-by-side with these news songs and it mixes up the sludge and metal perfectly. The rocked out solo in this track still gets me every time and it sounds even better on this full-length (it was re-recorded).

This is a killer record, through and through and it is backed up by a beefy production job that captures all the piss and vinegar in its blood-soaked glory. The whole thing is packaged up in a sweet looking digi-pack that wraps things up and makes this disc a hands-down winner.

If you dig sludge but are looking for something a little less traditional and more out of the ordinary then Motherboar is definitely the band to look to. The demo was awesome but this full-length will rip your head off. This record may have a short running time but these songs are memorable as hell and well-worth your time. These are sludged-out anthems for when the day is sunny but your mood is still sour! Good work guys!
(Quelle: hellridemusic.com)

Meine Wertung: 8.0/10

Hörbeispiele: http://www.myspace.com/motherboar
SATAN WORSHIPPING DOOM
Antworten
das kommt dann auf die Liste "sagt dem malde nicht so zu"
yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
Antworten
musikalisch nicht schlecht, der gesang ist nur gewöhnungsbedürftig. seltsamerweise muss ich da nicht an motörhead denken wenn ich das höre, sondern an die ramones OO
"Willst du friedlich leben? Verkehre mit den Menschen, lebe aber allein, unternimm nichts und bedauere gar nichts."
Iwan Sergejewitsch Turgenew
Antworten

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste