Hallo, Gast! Registrieren

Themabewertung:
  • 1 Bewertung(en) - 5 im Durchschnitt
UNMOORED - Indefinite Soul-Extension (2003)
[Bild: unmooredindefinitekg0v.jpg]

VÖ: 2003

Genre: Progressive Death Metal

Label: Code666

Herkunftsland: Schweden

Für Fans von: Edge Of Sanity, alte Opeth

Tracklist:

01. Unspeakable Grief
02. Commit To The Fire
03. Leave-Taking
04. Phase Of Revulsion
05. Morndraper
06. Cinder's Veil
07. Spit Forth From Failure
08. Final State Part III

Spielzeit: 45:34

Zitat:This album is an experiment in contrasts – one part Stockholm-sound death metal, another part of Dan Swano-esque tranquility. If this sounds like a formula for Edge of Sanity, that”s nearly exact. Fortunately, I think that”s a fantastic sound, and one that I haven”t heard in overwhelming quantities, except by the man himself. In their defense, Unmoored push the envelope a little further on the heavy side. Whereas the harder edge of EOS is rooted in chunkier riffs, Unmoored rely more on blast-driven mayhem to pound their point home.

All members of this three-piece act excel at their instrument(s) of choice. Vocalist/rhythm/bass guitarist Christian Alvestam pays respect to Swano by cloning both his clean and growled deliveries, and it sounds fantastic. Tomas Johansson”s leads are shredding of the highest order, and even his slower melodies are worthy of the air guitar. Drummer Henrik Schonstrom holds his own with accurate footwork and some nice fills. All of this is given a respectable Abyss Studios sound, grating and loud, yet clear.

Right from the get-go, Indefinite Soul-Extension”s opener “Unspeakable Grief” launches into a pair of nasty riffs, which then traverses into a Gothenburgy, clean-vocal chorus. Follow that up with light-speed shredding and bake at 350 for six minutes and you”ve got a remarkable song. “Phase of Revulsion” is my favorite song on here, mostly due to a godly chorus that alternates clean, growled, and screamed vox and then lays them on top of intense drumming and a fine lead. Nearly every song on here follows the same functional formula of mixing fine Swedish death with laid-back clean sections and stellar shreds. Occasionally some silly haunted house-like keys find their way into a song, but the only two exceptions to that formula are the brief blast of energy called “Morndraper” and the acoustic-driven ballad “Final State Part III”. Fortunately, in the ballad, where I”d expect to find cheese, instead I find a beautiful solo.

I”ll admit it, I”m a pushover for first-rate leads, and Unmoored has more than enough to put a smile on my face. If you don”t object to the unabashed EOS worship, then you”ll agree that Indefinite Soul Extension is a fine slab o” metal. All aspects are top-quality and I”ll definitely track down their older albums. Unmoored has delivered one of the best releases from Sweden this year, for sure.
(Quelle: metalreview.com)

Persönlicher Nachtrag:
Mal wieder eine relativ unbekannte Band, die ich beim rippen meiner CD-Sammlung wieder entdeckt habe. Es handelt sich dabei um die "Originalband" von Scar Symmetry Sänger Christian Alvestam. Nur das er hier noch viel natürlicher klingt als heute. Cleane Gesangspassagen - die zu keinem Zeitpunkt erzwungen wirken - treffen auf Akustikgitarren, Blastattacken und teilweise schwarzmetallisch angehauchtem Riffing.
Kurz, ein hervorragendes und abwechslungsreiches Melodic Death Metal Album, wie es heutzutage selten geworden ist.

Meine Wertung: 8.5/10

HumusMeter: ich kanns mir nicht vorstellen...

Hörbeispiele + Info:
http://myspace.com/unmoored
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=6369
http://www.unmoored.com/
SATAN WORSHIPPING DOOM
Antworten
puuh, der klargesang machts unhörbar für mich. die melodie wär sonst gerade noch zu verkraften, weil's recht technischer death ist.
aber eine schöne genre mischung kommt da zusammen Smile
Antworten
(18.12.2008, 10:47)myhomeismycastle schrieb: puuh, der klargesang machts unhörbar für mich.

da kann ich dir nur wiedersprechen Smile eindeutig zu wenig davon.
weiter antesten werd ichs aber trotzdem.
yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
Antworten
da muss ich nochmal in ruhe beigehen. der erste eindruck ist jedoch recht positiv, allerdings ist die die cleane stimme recht gewöhnungsbedürftig und wird uU der haken an der sache werden
GIMME FUE GIMME FAH GIMME DABUJABUZA
Antworten
ME LIKES Woot
Antworten

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste