Hallo, Gast! Registrieren

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
1980 - 1980 (2007)
[Bild: 2q9l6kh.jpg]

1980 - 1980 (2007)
Genre: Instrumental Experimental Psychedelic Thrash/Jazz/Math/Ambient/Metal
(nicht alles gleichzeitig, sondern nach einander)

Label: Association Records

Tracklist:
1 - Intro 0:57
2 - Sagaie 4:11
3 - O Me Oh 3:27
4 - Meshuggreich 4:52
5 - Amicalement votre 5:49
6 - 1980 5:50
7 - Il se fait tard mon ami, il faut rentrer 10:22

http://www.soundofmetal.se/index.php?pag...1980review schrieb:I don't know why, but I'm really liking the music France is offering me. Heavy bands like 'Gojira', melodic black in 'Artefact', the quite known ”˜Alcest” and now, an hybrid of jazz and math metal.

1980 is a new band that shows obvious influences in, among many other bands, 'Meshuggah' and 'Cynic' (one of the songs is named 'Meshuggreich'). Still, the music isn't as predictable as one could think. Yes, there are strange riffs like you could find in any 'Meshuggah' album, and there is the fusion influence of 'Cynic' of death and jazz, but still, they managed to have their own sound.

Other genre that came to my mind while hearing them is post-rock, not only because the band is instrumental, but because of the soundscapes in the music, specially in the last song. Even though, the songs and the album are short, so you don't have to wait five minutes in each song until it reaches its climax. Instead, we have atmospheric, instrumental, and, believe me, catchy, short songs.

Fans of 'Meshuggah' may like this, but don't expect their heaviness. In fact, this album is quite relaxed, even though it has some metal riffs here and there. Also remember: even if music is complex, with polyrhythmic riffs and without vocals nor structure, the music is still quite easy to listen to, so don't be afraid of it. Fans of 'Cynic', post-rock and jazz fusion will also enjoy this album. A very nice breath of fresh air that, again, comes from France.

And don't forget to listen it until the last second, specially if you like strange and crazy music.

http://www.1980theband.com/
http://www.myspace.com/1980theband

der opener klingt sehr nach Fredrik Thordendals Special Defects, dem Messhuggah sideprojekt. Später wirds aber durchaus auch mal ganz ruhig, psychedelisch abgedreht, jazzig, tanzbar und dann wieder knüpplhart. das ganze aber recht unaufgeregt und mit stetigem beat, also nicht so breakbeatverschachtelt, sondern mit schönen übergängen zwischen den vierschiedenen stilelementen.
kenne die schon länger, habe aber wohl vergessen die zu posten Pfeif sind mir ein bisschen zu viele wiederhohlungen drin, deswegen gerade noch 9/10
Antworten
Datt klingt aber lecker. Smile

Aber nichts zum schnell reinhören, also noch keine Wertung.
SATAN WORSHIPPING DOOM
Antworten
die hat mir last.fm jüngstens empfohlen, bin noch nicht dazu gekommen reinzuhören. der Tab ist noch offen. sehr lustig Smile
dann weiß ich ja was ich zu tun hab Smile
yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
Antworten

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste