02. I Bathe In Their Blood
03. The Art Of Impalement
04. By Their Corpse
05. Coffins
06. Rats Can Sense The Murder
07. Scourging At The Pillar
08. Sewers

Spielzeit: 29:09

Zitat:The first albums of the Finnish death metal act were praised by my colleague Monique. Without being acquainted with the bands” history, I thought it sounded a lot like Six Feet Under. And what is a fact? The band started as a SFU cover act. And, on their second album, Mr. Barnes himself was the vocalist. On the third album, the original singer, Juri Sallinen has retaken his position.

I am not familiar with the first and the second album, but this album does not excite me as it once excited my colleague. Debit to this are the monotonous vocals. This ultra low sewer sound blubbers and fills the songs in a descent way, but it needs a lot more variation. The sound of the album is good, but needs more sharp edges. The music sounds mostly low and blunt, indeed, just like SFU. But this ”˜Sewers” sounds more spontaneous than most of the SFU work I have heard.

The album kicks of with the anonymous and superfluous ”Crypts”, a song that you will probably never whistle while driving to your work. But! The ”˜genius” of the songs rises at the album proceeds. There is more variation, more adventures. The songs on the second part of the album are more able to keep my attention focussed. It seems to be a very brutal album, but this is mainly caused by the brutal vocals. Musically, this is not a really heavy, brutal album. It lacks these typical aggressive moves other acts do have. Strongest parts are the instrumental parts, with good rhythms, nice riffs and pounding bass drums. On these parts it is hard not to move your head. It is not a penalty to listen to this album and there are really some very interesting parts, e.g ”˜By Their Corpse” and ”˜Scourging At The Pillar”.

So, in the end”¦this is a descent death metal album that is not striking. On the other hand, there is no bad note. For those who eat blunt, mid-tempo death metal as bread, you can buy this album without hesitation.
Quelle

Meine Wertung: 7.0/10

BandInfo

MySpace
SATAN WORSHIPPING DOOM
Antworten

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste