Hallo, Gast! Registrieren

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
National Suicide - The Old Family Is Still Alive (2009)
[Bild: nationalsuicidefamilyjjo1.jpg]

VÖ: 2009

Genre: Oldschool Thrash

Label: My Graveyard Productions

Herkunftsland: Italien

Für Fans von: Overkill, Exodus

Tracklist:

01. National Suicide
02. Nu Posers Don't Scare Anyone
03. The Old Family Is Still Alive
04. Let Me See Your Pogo
05. Wanted
06. Into The Clubhouse
07. Please Welcome...My Friends!
08. Sucks n' Artillery
09. This Is A Raid

Spielzeit: 37:08

Zitat:Maybe it”s just me, but it seems like good Italian Metal is hard to come by. The only band that really has worldwide credentials is overrated Gothic Metal group LACUNA COIL, while the underground is dominated by second-rate Black Metal and more Gothic bands. Thrash Metal is a total rarity; the only bands I”m familiar with are NECRODEATH, who have Black Metal characteristics, and HATRED, a second-stringer in the modern Thrash Metal revival.

The arrival of newcomers NATIONAL SUICIDE is therefore exciting, as there”s finally an Italian Thrash”¦no, an Italian Metal band worth investing in. NATIONAL SUICIDE play good old fashioned Thrash Metal enhanced with the production possibilities that come with the twenty first century. There”s a few retro clichés embedded, but these boys are solid enough that it”s easily ignorable. Think EXODUS in their prime and you”ve got a pretty good idea how these guys sound: gruff vocals over fast, nasty Thrash that isn”t afraid to stomp around in mid-paced territory for awhile. The vocalist is highly reminiscent of Steve Souza with only a slight national colouring to his voice and a high pitched wail that is unique to him. The guy ripping up guitar solos is also particularly good; hope to hear more of his playing in the future. All four tracks here are quality, with only the sampled intro to “Sucks ”˜n” Artillery” being a bit too cheesy for its own good. Can't really harbor any other complaints, except perhaps their logo being a bit too similar to the classic NUCLEAR ASSAULT one.

In short, I eagerly anticipate a full-length. Only then will we be able to see whether these guys have the talent and strength of material to overcome the trend-whores and stand up with the bests in the business. Hopefully this killer demo serves as just a preview of what”s to come”¦
Quelle[/b]

Meine Wertung: 7.0/10

P.S. Habe nur ein Review vom gleichnamigen Demo finden können. Das sollte bei den Referenzen aber auch ausreichen. Smile

MySpace

BandInfo
SATAN WORSHIPPING DOOM
Antworten
Scheint was für mich zu sein Smile
Antworten
Und wie isse?

Chris? Unsure
SATAN WORSHIPPING DOOM
Antworten
*schulterzuck*

Bin kurz davor, die Scheibe zu kaufen. Sie schwächelt etwas hintenraus...
SATAN WORSHIPPING DOOM
Antworten
So, hier meine verspätete Meinung, hatte den Thread übersehen.

Overkill + Exodus hört man hier wirklich an allen Ecken und Enden, die Italiener machen ihre Sache ordentlich. Im Moment gebe ich 7,5 / 10 Punkten nach den ersten Durchgängen. Steigerung zu erwarten Smile

PS: hier das Cover zum Album, das obige Cover gehört zur 4-Track Demo

[Bild: 228244.jpg]
Antworten
Jo, steht sogar drauf Usofa

Die Scheibe verliert hinten raus wirklich an Druck. Für 7 Punkte reicht es aber noch.
SATAN WORSHIPPING DOOM
Antworten
(18.03.2009, 10:39)padrak schrieb: Jo, steht sogar drauf Usofa

Ich sag's auch nur für Leute wie mich, die nur halb hinschauen und dann die falsche bestellen Pfeif
Antworten
Ziemlich gute Mucke - zwar kein Überknaller aber trotzdem immer noch ne prima Dosis Oldschoolthrash. Kann man sich durchaus öfters geben.
Antworten

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste