Hallo, Gast! Registrieren

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
mudy on the 昨晩 - Kidnie (2009)
[Bild: album02abeo.jpg]

mudy on the 昨æ / Mudy on the Sakuban - Kidnie (2009)
Genre: Instrumental Mathrock

Für Fans von: etwas ruhigeren Té

01. Ozis
02. marm
03. キセル
04. ASAI
05. NO ROOM
06. ミグルス
07. ZITTA

Zitat:I'm not a thrill junkie, but I would love to try base-jumping at some point. For the unfamiliar, base-jumping is what happens when you mix bungee-jumping and sky-diving: strap on a parachute, find something high, jump, and pull your cord before you become paste on the ground. The experience is brief, transient, but it is (presumably) a rush from start to finish, and when you hit the ground, you want to go back up and do it again.

I think that base-jumping offers the perfect metaphor for Mudy on the Sakuban's new record, Kidnie. Opener "Ozis" explodes into being from the second the record starts. This track has even more energy than "Pauze," the opener for their last album, VOI. The next five minutes take the band in every direction, from the ballad feel of the arpeggios within the opening minute to spastic full-band marcato bursts midway through to the hooky closing. "marm" refines the same formula, offering alternating moments of pure volume and energy with more subdued and melodic passages, and even a rather traditional structure with identifiable "verse", "chorus", and "bridge" sections. This track offers one of the most satisfying listens I've experienced in a while, with a perfectly placed catharsis and a clean wrap-up that makes the song feel complete.

From what I've heard, base-jumping never offers the same experience twice, but every jump is a rehearsal of the same basic parts, and the same is true for Kidnie. There can be no confusing "ZITTA" with "marm" or "NO ROOM," yet the same basic approach is in practice for all these tracks. The band seem to be more concerned with riffs or sections than with composing complete songs, as such, and far more often than not they are able to link these parts in ways that do justice to the individual elements while also creating something greater. This method of composition does, however, have the unfortunate effect of breaking the record up; the parts relate, but they're still distinct, and the transitions are not always of the smoothest variety.

The bottom line for both base-jumping and Kidnie is that both are exhilarating, high-octane experiences that have lasting power in spite of their short duration. The only caveat I might offer is that those who prefer albums with many layers and lots of depth should be aware that Mudy on the Sakuban have little concern with that. There is basically one level to this album, and it's a damn good one, but some might have trouble connecting with a record of this immediacy; it's a problem that I personally have, but is ultimately as much a product of individual taste as the record itself. Still, Kidnie picks up exactly where VOI left off, and if this is any indication of the future, MOTS will be making a lot of instrumental music fans happy for quite a while.

-Lee Stablein
http://www.thesilentballet.com/dnn/Revie...fault.aspx

http://sakuban.com/
http://www.myspace.com/mudyonthesakuban

gemütlich dahinrockender instrumenteller mathrock aus japan. keine besonderheiten 6/10
Antworten
Finde ich auch recht "gemütlich" und dennoch recht unterhaltsam. Richtige Mukke um morgens aufzustehen.
Für mich eine 7,5.
Antworten
Mir fehlt da noch der Kick; vielleicht nochmal reinhören Smile
SATAN WORSHIPPING DOOM
Antworten
nen Kick wirste aber nicht finden Smile
yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
Antworten

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste