Hallo, Gast! Registrieren

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Hooded Menace - Fulfill The Curse (2008)
[Bild: hoodedmenacefulfillthes474.jpg]

VÖ: 2008

Genre: Deathish Doom

Label: Razorback Records

Herkunftsland: Finnland

Für Fans von: Ugly music Smile

Tracklist:

01. Rotting Rampage (Menace Of The Skeletal Dead)
02. Fulfill The Curse
03. Grasp Of The Beastwoman
04. Laboratory Of Nightmares
05. Beauty And The Feast
06. The Eyeless Horde
07. The Love Song Of Gotho, Hunchback Of The Morgue Uglyl
08. Arcane Epitaph
09. Theme From Manhattan Baby

Spielzeit: 52:32

Zitat:Razorback thrusts itself firmly, pun intended, into the doom world. Getting my copy of Hooded Menace was filled with great anticipation. I came across this when checking out Acid Witch on their obligitory myspace page via Razorback Recording”s website. I noticed that Hooded Menace were on Razorback as well. Since I knew Teufel was getting the Acid Witch disc, I promptly pulled the trigger on Hooded Menace. After a minute of hearing what they threw up on their page”¦ Holy shit!

I have been waiting for an album like this for a long time. My favorite doom band was Yob prior to this discovery. Since Yob is now defunct, I done got myself a new favorite. These guys from Finland sure figured out the right formula.

When the first track, "Rotting Rampage" began, I thought I was about to hear Machetazo”s Sinfonias del Terror Ciego because of the Blind Dead horror movie intro. No, this is basically a doom album with death metal vocals. In fact, when the band stumbled across their sound, they were vamping on Candlemass with death vocals. They were diggin” it so much they decided to roll with it. I”m glad they did.

There is no single riff, bury you with boredom type doom here. These guys are evil, cavernous, and display a perfect portrayal of the doom sound that has been lurking in my subconscious desires. It”s really not that complicated”¦ killer riffs expanding with drums that are solid and dynamic as well. The production is clean enough to display all the nuances and dark enough to be doom done right. EVERY track is solid and crushing. I have listened to this album about 6 times in the last two days and it just keeps getting more badass. This is the perfect Halloween album (how timely). In true doom style the song lengths stretch out, but you won”t be clicking ahead to the next track unless you have ADHD as bad as some of my most restless students. Yes, I teach 4th grade and start my day the right way”¦ loud.

There is no reason to pick apart tracks because if you know doom in the slightest way and enjoy it, you will be in for a world of euphoric darkness. Drums, bass, guitar, and killer vocals that are steeped in mucus-gurgle and depth. Go to the horror hive and you”ll have this dome imploding disc in three days. While you”re there, pick up Frightmare if you haven”t already.
Quelle

Ein Blick auf das Label sollte reichen, um zu wissen, was einen erwartet. Hässlicher Death/Doom, der von einem Gegrunze direkt aus der Hölle untermalt wird. Moderne Anleihen wird man hier vergebens suchen. Oldschool Mucke as fuck. Smile

Meine Wertung: 8.0/10

BandInfo

MySpace
SATAN WORSHIPPING DOOM
Antworten
Hm... muss probehören ... Gehirne...
"Willst du friedlich leben? Verkehre mit den Menschen, lebe aber allein, unternimm nichts und bedauere gar nichts."
Iwan Sergejewitsch Turgenew
Antworten
nett zum nebenher hören. gefällt soweit.
"Willst du friedlich leben? Verkehre mit den Menschen, lebe aber allein, unternimm nichts und bedauere gar nichts."
Antworten
Hat jemand eigentlich mal in das 2010er Output "Never Cross the Dead" rein gehört?
Antworten
Ich besitze die LP. Smile
SATAN WORSHIPPING DOOM
Antworten
Dann bin ich mal gespannt ob sie an den Vorgänger rankommt.
Werd die mal Morgen direkt probieren Smile
Antworten

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste