Hallo, Gast! Registrieren

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Another Messiah - Dark Dreams, My Child (2005)
[Bild: anothermessiahdarkdreafymr.jpg]

VÖ: 2005 (Reissue 2007)

Genre: Death / Doom

Label: Eigenproduktion

Herkunftsland: Niederlande

Für Fans von: Novembers Doom

Tracklist:

01. These Lonely Eyes
02. And Now I Will...
03. My God It's Him
04. I Never Noticed
05. Sweet Dreams
06. She Softly Starts To Cry
07. Dead Man Walking
08. Left To Die
09. The Bee Queen

Spielzeit: 46:00

Zitat:Opening track 'These Lonely Eyes' starts in a mysterious way, making you prick up your ears immediately. It becomes a smooth sung death/doom song wherein intelligible grunts are intermittent with clean vocals. All of a sudden I think of the dark dynamic which makes a band like Whispering Gallery so engrossing. Also in this first track, one hears graceful atmospheric passages. The oboe comes more in front in the quiescent 'And Now I Will', which evolves eventually into grunts and accessible death in the vein of Godgory. This bombastic, open sound is maintained in 'My God It's Him', while 'I Never Noticed' is a magnificent calm track which has a continuation in the to Pink Floyd referring 'Sweet Dreams'. Whispering vocals are accompanied by thunder until another outburst with grunts follows. How the band works passionately its way towards a climax is illustrated in the agitated 'She Softly Starts To Cry'. As evident sources of inspiration for Another Messiah bands like My Dying Bride, Gorefest and Orphanage are tenable. This last one is reflected mostly in the angular and dominated by rhythm changes 'Left To Die'. This brilliant debut occludes with the experimental 'The Queen Bee'.

Production was in the hands of Joost van den Broek (Ayreon, After Forever) who added some keyboard parts too. This is an album of a Dutch band that belongs in the collection of every fan of inspired doom/death. In Poland they are convinced by now, since the band recently toured successfully for the second time in that country.
Quelle

Meine Wertung: 8.0/10

BandInfo

MySpace
SATAN WORSHIPPING DOOM
Antworten
Death/Doom ist immer gut, und Novembers Doom als referenz überzeugt mich noch mehr Smile
"Willst du friedlich leben? Verkehre mit den Menschen, lebe aber allein, unternimm nichts und bedauere gar nichts."
Iwan Sergejewitsch Turgenew
Antworten
clean gesang? keyboards? in "death" doom?

ich höre mal vorsichtig rein Smile
Antworten
aaalso mir gefällts. ich freue mich dann mal auf das album
GIMME FUE GIMME FAH GIMME DABUJABUZA
Antworten
nach meinem empfinden das ist eher moderner darkwave / gothik mit einem spritzer deathdoom (aber ich habe auch nicht all zu lange reingehört Smile )

humus out
Antworten
Also nach einiger Ziet geht einem die clear Stimme auf den Sack. Ansich klingt es gut. Wenn die Clearstimme nicht so schäbbig wäre.
"Willst du friedlich leben? Verkehre mit den Menschen, lebe aber allein, unternimm nichts und bedauere gar nichts."
Iwan Sergejewitsch Turgenew
Antworten

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste