Hallo, Gast! Registrieren

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Ironica - Vivere
[Bild: IronicaVivere.jpg]

Zitat:I remember myself founding Finnish female-fronted metal act iRonica in 2007 just before the band released their debut album ” Consequences” through Poko Records. The album contained pretty strong material and I really liked such tracks as the title track “Consequences” and “Make Me Whole Again” from the album. Now two years have gone by and the band has toured Finland through several times and prepared themselves to release their second album “Vivere”. The album will be released on March 18th through Poko Records.

The problem the band had on their previous album was maybe the overall quality of the tracks. Some of the tracks were really great and enjoyable but then there were also tracks that were in some way emotionless and just too predictable. With “Vivere” the band represents their more straight metallic approaching. The songs are a bit heavier than they were on the debut album and the overall atmosphere in “Vivere” is slightly darker. The musicianship is top notch and the vocals are competent enough, I guess your typical Epica-style clean female vocals aided by a pretty strong Finnish accent. Even though the overall picture seems to be fine and the atmosphere darker and heavier, there´s still something missing in iRonica to make the band rise into same category than their most competitive genre brothers. It´s really hard to pick up a personal favorite track from the album but I really liked the epic feeling of “So Fades The Memory” so I guess it would be my choice.

With “Vivere” I really find myself listening to the album through over and over again and noticing that the album really lacks the true diamond stand out tracks. All the songs are “good” but the album definitely lacks the “hit” tracks such as “Make Me Whole Again” or “Fragile, Devoted, Disgraced” were in “Consequences”. Because of the good production from Hiili Hiilesmaa (The 69 Eyes, Apocalyptica, HIM, Lordi, Sentenced) “Vivere” is a bit better than the average recording in this specific genre but it definitely isn´t iRonica ´s ticket to stardom. If you´re a fan of Nightwish or Sonata Arctica, I guess you can find some good things from melodies of the effort but if you´re not into this kind of music in particular, this really isn´t into your cup of tea. There are still some things iRonica needs to do differently to become one of the influential bands in the melodic / symphonic metal.
http://www.hardcoresounds.net/modules.ph...&func=4135

HOMEPAGE

MYSPACE

bei youtube gibts auch ein paar songs ...

female-fronted-kick-ass-power-metal Wub
Antworten
Ist ganz cool aber im Sektor "female-fronted-kick-ass-power-metal" bevorzuge ich dann doch eher Bands wie Benedictum, Ignitor oder ganz besonders die Polen von Crystal Viper ^^
Antworten

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste