06. I Can See You
07. I Got It All
08. New Life
09. Sick Of It All
10. It”s Up To You
11. Envy
12. Scream
13. Breed The Fire

Zitat:Ektomorf has covered much ground during last years. Every album was followed by extensive touring and the thrash metal based on numerous grooves won more dedicated souls year after year. ”˜What Doesn”t Kill Me” is the eighth album released by the Hungarian band under guidance of vocalist/guitarist Zoltan Farkas and principally it does not differ a jot from their previous works. I don”t mean this in a negative manner, since Ektomorf knows how to entertain people for a long time. What struck me is that brother Csaba has left the stage. He is replaced by Szabolcs Murvai.

For the recordings and production Ektomorf turned to Tue Madsen again and this man knows in the meantime by heart how the explosive Ektomorf sound ultimately blows your speakers. Lyrics still ventilate the main frustrations in Zoltan”s life, such as discrimination because of his gipsy background, injustice, stand strong in this society, fight back after bad luck and more of that ilk. It is a powerful statement, caught in slogan-like words, just as the title suggests.

The ethnic influences are limited and are only featured in ”˜I Got It All”, a song dedicated to Zoltan”s love. In ”˜Sick Of It All” we even hear a bit rap. The fans can sleep at both ears. Ektomorf has created a stunning successor for the 2006 released ”˜Outcast”. And even if Zoltan acts a bit incensed when telling him, he will never get rid of the comparison with Soulfly and Sepultura, except when he will start to make a completely different kind of music. But let us hope he will not do this, since Ektomorf”s albums are meritorious enough to lead their own lives.
Quelle

Meine Wertung: 8.0/10

MySpace
SATAN WORSHIPPING DOOM
Antworten
Ich bin mal gespannt....eine Band, die ihr Niveau tatsächlich über die Alben halten konnte
[Bild: card.png]
Antworten
oh, was neues von "jump jump, fire, fuck you, dankeschön" Uglyl
ich werd mal nachher n ohr riskieren
Antworten
(20.03.2009, 15:04)Kane schrieb: oh, was neues von "jump jump, fire, fuck you, dankeschön" Uglyl

lol, bin ebenfalls gespannt
Antworten
ektomorf fand ich zwar irgendwie immer ganz okay, aber auch sehr eintönig...myspace liefert hier keinen anderen eindruck. mehr spar ich mir dann mal ^^
GIMME FUE GIMME FAH GIMME DABUJABUZA
Antworten
Wie zu erwarten ein solides Album ohne viele Spielereien, fette Riffs, stampfende, groovige Songs, genau das was ich von der Band hören will.

8/10 von mir!

np: Ektomorf - It's Up To You "What Doesn't Kill Me"
Antworten

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste