Hallo, Gast! Registrieren

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Chris Laney - Pure
Geiler Mix aus Sleaze, Hardrock und ein bissel Metal. 80iger Jahre Def Leppard Referenzen plus eine rotzige "New-Wave-of-Swedish Sleaze-Ich-rock-dir-in-Fresse-bis-du-nach-mehr-schreist" - Attitüde a'la Hardcore Superstar, Zan Clan oder Crashdiet.

[Bild: 300-purecoverkudn.jpg]

Zitat:You would think that a guy like Chris Laney who has 2 Swedish Grammys, been nominated for seven overall, is a songwriter; engineer, producer and musician besides being a family man would have an ego the size of Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons and Blackie Lawless all wrapped into one! But no this guy is just Clark Kent during the day and superhuman at night.

Laney has worked with some legends of rock like Randy Piper, Zinny Zan of ZAN CLAN/SHOTGUN MESSIAH, EUROPE and CANDLEMASS plus new comers CRASHDÏET and CRAZY LIXX but this was just a stepping-stone in his career. Laney did release a killer solo tune for “Hollywood Hairspray Vol. 5” called “Instinct Animal” which was the best track on that entire CD. But wait what the hell, if that was the best track why not a solo release.

The masterminds at Metal Heaven records were thinking the same thing. Laney has been working his magic for others and now it”s his turn to shine on March 27, 2009. It will be the day of reckoning for Mr. Laney with the release of his first solo disc called “Pure”. We had a chance to check some of the tunes a little early so let”s see what this hype is all about.

“Situation” starts thing off with good harmonies, killer hooks and a small taste of 80”s rock. Vic Zino of CRAZY LIXX laid down some sweet leads on this one. The next track “I Dunno” has a WARRANT feel and what I like best is that Laney is a master at writing great choruses and you will hear that on every track. You get the best of 80”s rock with classic riffs, hooks and slicing guitar solos.

The first song that busted my mind was “The Stranger In You” a more melodic song that shows great diversity in the writing ability of Laney with special guests Anders Ringman and Bruce Kulick KISS. This is a chartbuster that could make Chris a worldwide entity. KILLER!!!!

Another great tune is “Fire & Ice” and there is no wondering why Laney got those Grammys, fucking Martin Sweet of CRASHDÏET goes off the hook with a guest solo. I love this track and the tantalizing keyboards by Laney are so tasteful it chatters brilliance.

Zinny Zan teams up with Laney on lead vocals on "I Hate Yer Guts”; how classic is that? And it seems to me with the lyrics that Laney is pissed off with someone, not mentioning who.

You like DEF LEPPARD you will cream in your draws over “Get U Down” HIT, HIT, HIT”¦ that”s all I can say about this one!!! Anders Ringman lends his expertise on guitars and background vocals.

Don”t think for one minute with some special guests Laney can”t sling an axe. Check out “Pissed At What Ya Missed”; not only some kickin” guitar licks ala Eddie Van Halen. Laney turns it up a notch and shows he”s an icon.

“Last Man Standing” conjures up DEF LEPPARD meets KISS” “Crazy Nights” this is a 'can”t miss' favorite song. You have the best of both worlds on this one.

“Skin On Skin” musically has the essence of QUEEN with the chorus and it”s such a riveting song I”m sure it will be a fan favorite.

This is amazing debut solo CD by Mr. Chris Laney. It has hooks galore, driving guitar solos, phenomenal songwriting and the magic touch of Laney & friends. This is a keeper! Release date March 27, 2009. Mark it on your calendar! (Quelle: rockeyez.com )

Myspace: www.myspace.com/chrislaney

HEAR IT LOUD! Rock
Antworten
Trifft bis auf 1-2 Songs nicht so meinen Geschmack.
Antworten
Sleazeroxx.com Review:

Zitat:Review:
It's been a long time coming for Chris Laney, and I hear you asking, "Who is Chris Laney??" Well, if you haven't heard his name before, take notice now, because this is probably the most talented rock-producer around at the moment. Go check your CD collection and see who's the man behind classics like Crashdiet's Rest In Sleaze, Crazy Lixx' Loud Minority or more recently Randy Piper's Animal's Virus!
Undeniably influenced by Robert Mutt Lange, Laney not only knows how to make a disc sound like a million bucks, but he also knows how to write hooks you can't escape - so called 'Hits'. Pure offers 12 songs, kicking off with the metallic "Situation", which wouldn't have been out of place on the aforementioned Virus disc. "I Dunno" is a big anthem in the same style as Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar On Me" or Warrant's "Cherry Pie" and would have been an instant hit if it were released 20 years ago. "Make you Cry" is somewhat heavier again and distantly brings Crashdiet's The Unattractive Revolution to mind. Speaking of which; Crashdiet's Martin Sweet does a solo on the next track, the very melodic "Fire & Ice". "I Hate Yer Guts" closes the first half of "Pure" in a punchy Zan Clan vibe.
If you thought the second half of this CD couldn't even come close to the first, you couldn't be more wrong! Because what is contained in the last 6 songs is a hair-metal rollercoaster ride which will leave you stunned! Whether it is the Leppard-esque "Get U Down" or the over the top anthem "Pissed At What Ya Missed", Laney hits the bull's eye.
This is the first time since Bob Rock's Rockhead project that a great producer manages to put out an excellent album on his own. So, if you like any band whose members guest on Pure, or if you miss Def Leppard's backing vocal arrangements from way back when they knew how to write good songs, do yourself a favor and pick up Chris Laney's debut solo disc!
Antworten

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste