Hallo, Gast! Registrieren

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Katagory V - Hymns of Dissension (2007)
Katagory V - Hymns of Dissension (2007)

[Bild: katagoryv2uz1.jpg]

Starker, progressiver US-Metal. Für Fans von älteren Queensryche (zu Rage for Order und Operation Mindcrime - Zeiten), Fates Warning und Crimson Glory!

Zitat:Review zum Album:
This album brought back moody thoughts. Hell no, "Hymns Of Dissension" is an excellent album and KATAGORY V is now placed among my favorite new-met acts the last years. It”s just the feeling possessing my mind: what the hell is going wrong with Metal fans being skeptic towards (real) US Power/Prog Metal bands? Excellent musicians, great songwriting and - most of all - authentic ”metal” songs do not seem charming enough anymore(?). Please, bring back the late 80s/early-to-mid 90s days!

KATAGORY V applies to the thinking Metal fan. Both ”thinking” and ”metal”, I repeat. The instrumentation is near perfection; all players are demonic and the chemistry between guitar masters Curtis Morrell and Mark Hanson is the critical fact for KATAGORY V”s vibe. My god, there”s been a tremendous job done in guitars. Who can recall the wise ”US Metal” creations of bands like HELSTAR (in "Nosferatu"), early FATES WARNING (the John Arch era), non-epic JAG PANZER or ARCANE (in their brilliant "Destination Unknown" sole full-length opus)? Both guitars are breathing fire, there”s no limit in soloing & leads plus it”s obvious the twin dynamite holds the flame of the Jabs/Schenker, Smith/Murray and Tipton/Downing authority in full respect.

"Hymns Of Dissension" is the fourth studio album by the band. Unfortunately, I have not yet had the chance to check out their previous efforts but - one way or another - the "HOD" tracklist bears the unique charisma of being both catchy and multipart, soaring and serene, methodical and untainted. Whoever”s now passed his/her 30ies by now can surely recall how challenging this Heavy/Power/(pre)Prog/Technical Metal stuff in the USA was 15-20 years ago. Bands worked endlessly, successfully combined their incessant virtuosity with the Metal vehemence of them being fans and...take the LA Glam ”poser” outburst plus the Bay Area Thrash typhoon...and then there were few. Just recall the reversal of e.g. QUEENSRYCHE or FATES WARNING during that era.

I like "Hymns Of Dissension" cause it proudly holds the torch of technical Power/Prog Metal the American way. I love Allers” vocals, in addition. He is melodic, high-pitched and epic at the same time. He surely knows how to impress the listener. All in all, KATAGORY V just won another Metal fan, even if Salt Lake City, Utah, USA knows them since 1999. (Quelle: www.metal-temple.com)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/katagoryv
Antworten
Entweder mehr Prog oder Härte. Dann könnte es was sein Smile
SATAN WORSHIPPING DOOM
Antworten
Sry, aber ich mag den Gesang üüüüüüüberhaupt nicht. Könnte ich evtl. noch drüber hinwegsehen, aber dafür gibt mir die Musik einfach zuwenig.
[Bild: card.png]
Antworten
Da muss ich PunkZERO aber 100 % beistimmen :p
Antworten
Mir gefällt was die Band da macht, klingt genau richtig Smile
Antworten
hmm, ich glaube myspace + kopfhörer als lautsprecher auf der Arbeit ist nicht die ideale Art test zu hören Smile
mach ich dnan noch mal wenn ich wieder zu hause bin Smile
yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
Antworten

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste