Hallo, Gast! Registrieren

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
The Plasmarifle - The World Forever Changed In an Instant [2009]
MySpace
Genre: Death Metal, Grindcore, Hardcore
Für Fans von: The Faceless

[Bild: the-plasmarifle.jpg]

Zitat:Following their impressive 2006 self released debut titled The Apocalypse Called In Sick”¦ Can I Take A Message? Montreal-based chaotic death grinders The Plasmarifle are back with their Siege Of Amida Records debut. While You Were Sleeping The World Forever Changed In An Instant is not only a mouthful, it”s also the most chaotic slab of technical death grind since the band”s debut offering two short years ago.

While You Were Sleeping The World Forever Changed In An Instant contains 11 tracks of pure insanity spread out over 32 plus minutes. The music contains tons of odd time signatures, multiple time signature changes, blast beasts, short choppy riffs, shrieks, growls and snarls. It”s like taking the best parts of Zao, Converge, Cephalic Carnage, Beneath The Massacre and The Dillinger Escape Plan and fusing it all into one massive wall of chaotic grinding madness!

While the band may look like a bunch of hipster doofuses (or would that be doofii?), The Plasmarifle deliver a surprisingly powerful punch. The aural assault is led by former Neuraxis vocalist Maynard Moore who puts on the best performance of his career, mixing the grizzly bear growls, with high pitched shrieks, crazed screams, powerful snarls and the occasional hardcore yell. The riffing is all over the place, there are plenty of high pitched screechy guitar tones, high paced chugging and crazy breakdowns. It literally sounds as though the band members all suffer from attention deficit disorder and are unable focus on playing in any specific pattern for more than 4 seconds at a time. Somehow the drummer manages to keep up with everything else that”s going on, either that or he just plays random patterns, either way, despite all of the crazy shit going on the material contained on this release actually sounds like it”s supposed to sound the way it does.

For the most part, the material is extremely aggressive, almost as though the band took turns beating each other with Singapore canes in the recording studio until they finally got shit right. The recording, production and mix, handled by Bart Frydrychowicz and Yannick St. Amand, is surprisingly clear. You can hear every bass string pluck, every high hat hit, every guitar string strum and every guttural gurgle. They did a great job with the material they had to work with and even the artwork, handled by Colin Marks is subtle, yet effective.

There are a few negatives to this release. The second track, "As The Mountains Rolled Back I Stood In Disbelief”¦", starts out really oddly. It has an old school hardcore/punk feel to it, which breaks into extreme chaotic grindcore. It”s just a really odd pairing and doesn”t really work. The track as a whole just has way too much going on and makes me itch for the fast forward button. There are other moments where the band overkills certain song segments, repeating the same high pitched guitar squeals way too often.

The biggest negative of While You Were Sleeping The World Forever Changed In An Instant also happens to be it”s greatest plus. The album is extremely difficult to get into. The first time you press play you”ll be overwhelmed with everything going on that it”ll drive you crazy and make you want to shut it off instantly. The second listen is just as harsh. By the time you listen to the album for the tenth time you start to recognize the melodies. It took me fifteen or twenty listens before things finally started to click and once I “got it”, my appreciation for the material grew a great deal.

While You Were Sleeping The World Forever Changed In An Instant, like all great releases, is something you need to learn to appreciate over time, but the more you listen to it, the more you”re going to like it. The Plasmarifle promised an album that would appeal to fans of “being hit by 18-wheelers, eating broken glass, and having their dick slammed in a door.” and they definitely deliver on that promise. If you”ll excuse me, I”ll be standing in the doorway slamming the door on my cock while this CD blares on the stereo and my cat stares at me with horrified fascination and rubs his face in a pile of catnip.
Quelle: http://www.teufelstomb.com/reviews/thepl...aninstant/

Ziemlich guter Mix aus den oben genannten Genres mit sehr lustig Interludes und zwischen spielen. Einfach mal reinhören. Für mich eine 8/10
Antworten
Kann man hören, gefällt mir nicht so richtig.

Habe den doppelten Thread gelöscht Smile
SATAN WORSHIPPING DOOM
Antworten
Oh, da war ein zweiter? Sorry.
Antworten
myspace klingt gut. der gesang wirkt ein bisschen störend, aber ich hör mir erstmal das ganze album an.
Antworten

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste