Hallo, Gast! Registrieren

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
The Last Vegas - Whatever Gets You Off (2009)
The Last Vegas spielen einen arschgeilen Mix aus Punkrock, Hardrock, Glam und Sleaze

[Bild: vegasl6da.jpg]

Zitat:Track List:
01. Whatever Gets You Off
02. I'm Bad
03. High Class Trash
04. Loose Lips
05. Apologize
06. Cherry Red
07. Another Lover
08. Dirty Things You Do
09. White Lies
10. Love Me Bad
11. Outta My Mind

Band:
Chad Cherry - vocals
Adam Arling - guitar
Nate Arling - guitar
Danny Smash - bass
Johnny Wator - drums

Additional Musicians:
Anthony Rubino - bass

Production:
Produced by Marti Frederiksen, Nikki Sixx, DJ Ashba and The Last Vegas.

I can only think of one word to describe The Last Vegas' latest album - perfection! That's right, as far as I'm concerned the band that won Motley Crue's 'Make Rock History' opening act competition has completely outshined the headliners with Whatever Gets You Off.
There are so many different sounds going on, especially in the vocals, that this CD almost comes across as a greatest hits of the hard rocking 80s. However these Chicago natives aren't just rehashing two decade old formulas, instead they wear their influences on their sleeves while making the entire mix sound current. Think Buckcherry with more energy (at least when compared to Black Butterfly) and deeper hair band roots.
Right from the get go The Last Vegas grab the listener's attention with the unrelenting title track. The venomous in-your-face rocker is probably the best song on the entire album, but far from the only killer track. "I'm Bad" follows suit with a Faster Pussycat meets Fastway styled vocals while "High Class Trash" increases the over-the-top quota by another notch. Then you have "Loose Lips", which reminded me of the Beautiful Creatures' "New Orleans" in feel, followed by the ballad Apologize, arguably the best song Tesla never wrote - but should have.
"Cherry Red", "Another Lover", "Dirty Things You Do" and "Love Me Bad" are also great hard rock songs. In fact I can't find a bad track on this entire album, as everything is played as if the group realizes this may be their only chance at success, so they hold nothing back. What resulted was a record that should appeal to new and old rock fans alike, and a record that should make these five guys household names.
Whatever Gets You Off is one of those CDs that demands to be played at high volumes. Sixx:A.M. members Nikki Sixx and DJ Ashba helped produce this gem, and I have to wonder if those seasoned veterans were jealous of what was being put to tape, because not even Motley Crue has shown this type of energy or song writing skill in ages. It may be early in the year, but The Last Vegas will no doubt appear of many people's 'best of' lists - and deservedly so. (Quelle: Sleazeroxx.com)

http://www.myspace.com/thelastvegas

Astreines Sommeralbum, zur Zeit ein absoluter Dauerbrenner in meinem MP3 Player
Antworten
Na da werde ich später reinlauschen!
Antworten

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste