Hallo, Gast! Registrieren

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Asphalt Valentine - Strip Rock Roll (2009)
Hab mir das Album heute direkt bei der Band bestellt, dat Dingen rockt Cool

[Bild: 1239430311_cover6nbn.jpg]

Zitat:Do yourself a favor and go grab this disc. Of the 10 songs, I guarantee you will find 4 or 5 irresistibly catchy.... evident when you find yourself whistling the chorus to "Love and Gone" or air-guitaring the background riff from "Hard Life".

My faves include the following:
* "Dirty Little Secret"- If I were a band manager or producer, this would be my pick to introduce AV to the masses via terrestrial radio. It's hooky and catchy and "safe". I'll explain: It rocks hard enough to gain the respect of hard rock radio and fans, yet it won't scare away any parents that may be screening what their pre-teens are downloading from iTunes.

* "Love and Gone"- Of all the songs on this disc, this tune has the most commercial appeal. This would be my follow up single to "Dirty Little Secret", much like 'Sweet Child O'Mine" followed "Welcome to the Jungle" (yes, I just compared these guys to G'n R... go buy the CD and tell me I'm wrong). It counts as a ballad, but it grooves throughout, with Scozz's playful cowbell interludes, reminding you not to take it so damn seriously. As mentioned before, you'll find yourself either whistling or humming the chorus while standing in line at the bank or waiting on hold with AT&T customer service... guaranteed.

* "Hard Life"- Hard life's a bitch, indeed. This tune rocks all the way through, with a background guitar riff ribboning throughout the chorus... almost adding a second set of vocals that only guitar players can truly understand or appreciate. Nevertheless, your subconscious will pick up on it and you'll find yourself air-guitaring this riff randomly throughout the day. That riff takes this song to a "Whole... Nuvuh... Level" (MAD TV reference).

* "It's Not Me"- I consider this one of the hidden gems on the CD. At first the intro guitar work didn't grab me at all. I kinda felt like it was "OK guys, we need to fill this CD.. who's got a riff?" After several spins, though, I found myself silently apologizing to the band for having assumed such. It's actually a very well-built song with perfectly placed chord changes, background guitar riffs, and the trademark rock-n-roll "guy singing through a police megaphone" vocals sprinkled throughout. I will say this, however... Joe has taken the ubiquitous rock-song lyric "baby" to new heights. Listen to the end of the song and you'll know what I mean.

Overall: Good work, guys. You have yourself a very tight and polished first CD. The addition of Brett and Chris tweaked and refined your sound, evident in the songwriting and guitar riffing. You've come a long way from "White Trash Gutter Girl", although I kinda wish you'd re-write that one a but and play it live now and then. For anyone interested in getting something fresh to tumble around in your iPod, go grab 'Strip Rock Roll'. You'll like it.

David Johns-Blabbermouth.net

http://www.myspace.com/asphaltvalentine2
Antworten
Wir gelauscht, denke so im Oktober komm ich dazu ^^
Antworten
(15.07.2009, 12:38)chris2711 schrieb: Wir gelauscht, denke so im Oktober komm ich dazu ^^

Soll ich mal gucken ob ich noch ein paar mehr CD-Tipps für dich hab? Uglyl
Antworten
Ja bitte Biggrin
Antworten
Mkay, damit wäre dann dein Rest des Jahres ebenfalls verplant *g*
Antworten

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste