Hallo, Gast! Registrieren

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Bombnation - H.A.Z.M.A.T. (2009)
[Bild: bombnation_-_h.a.z.m.a.t..jpg]

Zitat:Slightly punk-ish thrash from Quebec City, Canada. Interested? Well, I definitely am, so let´s see a bit more accurately what we have on offer...

17 songs in 40 minutes and 40 seconds... uh”¦ wow! This sounds actually pretty damn cool! Now playing spontaneously with my thoughts a little bit, this sounds like if Nuclear Assault had a date with D.R.I. (the CROSSOVER era – and from that album onwards) - and these two had a date with Slayer and Destructor. You can clearly imagine what kind of an offspring dates like this may throw out from its womb to this world at the end of the day, don´t you?

Bombnation, featuring this relentless Mike (on vocals), Whale (on guitar), Jack (on 2nd guitar), Dan (on bass) and Crocko (on drums), have found a pretty darn ear-pleasing recipe on their debut album H.A.Z.M.A.T. by combining thrash with slight doses of hardcore and punk elements - and the result is... well, it´s lotsa fun to listen to indeed. There´s a fair load of sheer sarcasm included into Bombnation as far as their lyrics are concerned anyway, and when all this sarcastic lyrical approach is tightly been wrapped up around their relaxed and straightforward thrash/crossover rush, it´s hard to resist liking them. The band oozes pure primitive energy and rage, and all this fury they have in them, has been channeled a successful way in the songs on H.A.Z.M.A.T.

Bombnation is the kind of band that can obviously put up an entertaining live show, so if you get a chance to see them, don´t miss them. And speaking of a live sound a bit more, I think some of that live element has also nicely been captured in the songs on this album. The production is pleasingly raw on H.A.Z.M.A.T., supporting the songs´ true nature somewhat perfectly. Bombnation´s vocalist Mike Waters reminds me slightly of Dave “Overkill” (from Destructor) - screaming, spitting, raging and just releasing his anger the best he can vocally. So quite a winning recipe they have got on this record indeed.

Such a pleasure to get to know this Canadian thrash/crossover mob Bombnation. They thrashed my socks off and your turn is next.

Rating: 3.5/5 Quelle: www.metal-rules.com

http://www.myspace.com/bombnation

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=127476

Sorry, kein deutsches Review gefunden, werd aber noch eins für den Blog schreiben und dann nachreichen. Ersteindruck, nett aber nicht weltbewegend. Reicht nicht für die Speerspitze um Evile, Gama Bomb, Fueled by Fire etc. - aber solide für eine erste CD. Ich geb mal 7 - 7,5 Punkte.
Antworten
Gar nicht mal schlecht. Die Songstrukturen sind ein bisschen arg simpel, aber in den 80ern wäre diese Scheibe sicher ein Kracher gewesen.
Ich geb auch mal 6,5 Punkte in dem Versuch "objektiv" zu sein, subjektiv gebe ich 4 Punkte, der Musikstil ist einfach nix für mich.
"In Deutschland gilt derjenige als viel gef
Antworten
Ordentlich, 6/10
SATAN WORSHIPPING DOOM
Antworten
schließe mich an; solider thrash, aber nichts besonderes
GIMME FUE GIMME FAH GIMME DABUJABUZA
Antworten
(06.08.2009, 13:02)braindad schrieb: schließe mich an; solider thrash, aber nichts besonderes

[Punki] /sign [/Punki]
Antworten

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste