Hallo, Gast! Registrieren

Themabewertung:
  • 1 Bewertung(en) - 5 im Durchschnitt
Enemy Reign - Means To A Dead End (Demo EP) (2008)
[Bild: 30436x04t.jpg]

Underground Geholze um Ex-Skinless Shouter Sherwood Webber

Ruppig und geil! Evil

Zitat:One of the coolest metal dudes I have ever met or interviewed was former Skinless vocalist Sherwood Webber - a large presence in a small frame. As much I liked Trample the Dead, Hurdle the Weak, From Sacrifice to Survival stands as their pinnacle. So once I found out this 5 track demo EP was the debut from his new project , I grabbed it immediately.

What we have here is basically a sound and style that was contained on From Sacrifice to Survival - that's to say grinding, slightly punk, burly, but polished groove filled but furious death metal with roots in Destroy the Opposition era Dying Fetus. The cast surrounding Webber including current and former members from Denver stalwarts Throcult, Deadspeak and DDC are all competent and on board with the sound resulting in death metal efforts that are as well done as anything any label released in the same style.

Though lacking the expensive Neil Kernon production (though Dave Otero's job is perfect) and John Longstreth's drumming from From Sacrifice to Survival, the approach and tone is identical as the music blasts and lurches with a perfect mix of blast beats and huge grooves, being highlighted by the EP's title track and highlight, the monstrous closer "Abuse" - with a simply huge closing breakdown.

Webber's deceptive vocal power is on display for all five tracks making for a self released effort that blows away almost all self released efforts and is on par with anything on major labels. But with the sort of experience contained in this band and one of death metal's best front men back in the fray, what would you expect?

Look for this lot to arrive on a label soon or there's simply no smarts in underground metal labels anymore.
Quelle: metalreview.com

MySpace
SATAN WORSHIPPING DOOM
Antworten
nice! macht lust auf mehr Smile
GIMME FUE GIMME FAH GIMME DABUJABUZA
Antworten
War zu erwarten, nicht meine Musik.
Antworten

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste