Hallo, Gast! Registrieren

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Danger Danger - Revolve (2009)
[Bild: dangerdanger-revolveqvyo.jpg]

Zitat:Five years after they announced Ted Poley had rejoined Danger Danger and 20 years after the release of their debut, Danger Danger returns with “Revolve”. Was it worth the wait? I guess that depends if you are a fan of the Danger Danger from 20 years ago with songs filled with sexual innuendo such as “Naughty Naughty” and “Slipped Her The Big One” or an older more mature band with 20+ years of music business experience behind them. I happen to be a fan of both and have made no secret of how much I was looking forward to hearing the new music. While I liked the albums with Paul Laine on vocals, Ted Poley will always be the voice of Danger Danger to me, and he has never sounded better than he does on “Revolve”.

“That”s What I”m Talking About” starts “Revolve” off and while I don”t think it is the best way to open the album it is a great song that makes you want to crank the stereo up and sing at the top of your lungs, the rhythm section of Steve West and Bruno Ravel sound as great as ever and Rob Marcello plays guitar like a man obsessed. “the Ghost of Love” is a great melodic rocker the band is famous for as tight as the band sounds you would never think it has been 11 years since Ravel, West, and Poley were in the studio together. “Killin” Love” has some slow driving bass lines and though it is a slower mid tempo song it still makes you want to crank it up and sing along. “Hearts On The Highway” can”t say enough about this song it is classic Danger Danger at their best, great melodies, great hooks and background vocals one of the best on the album. “Fugitive” is a ballad with acoustic guitars, piano, and strings starting things off which could give the guys a Top 40 hit if released as a single. “Keep On Keepin” On” would be my pick as the album opener this is a great summertime song yet another track that makes you want to crank it up and sing along as your flying down the highway, probably Rob Marcello”s best solo on the album and another one of the best songs on “Revolve”. “Rocket To Your Heart” once again classic Danger Danger, Ted Poley sounds great on this song as does Bruno”s bass. “F.U. $” is an anthem about exactly what the title suggests filled with some great gang vocals, another nice solo from Marcello that should go over well live. “Beautiful Regret” is a heavy modern sounding song but fits perfectly on “Revolve”. “Never Give Up” is a mid tempo song that would”ve fit perfectly on the band”s debut or “Screw It” once again classic Danger Danger sound. Leave it to Danger Danger to save the best for last with “Dirty Mind” not only does Poley sound great the band as a whole really nail this song a great rocking song and the perfect way to close “Revolve”.

No matter what you think of Danger Danger they definitely deserve some respect. While alot of other “80”s” bands have dried up and blown away these guys kept putting out some great music and with Ted Poley back in the band I believe it is only going to get better. I just hope it isn”t another 5 years before the follow-up to “Revolve” is released. (Quelle: hardrockhideout.com)

Danger Danger:

Ted Poley – vocals
Rob Marcello – guitars
Bruno Ravel – bass
Steve West – drums

Reinhören könnt ihr auf Myspace oder hier!

Saustarkes Comeback-Album, das vom Sound her stark an das selbstbetitelte 89er Debüt erinnert. Leicht-locker melodischer Hardrock mit einem Ted Poley in Bestform und extrem eingängigen Melodien - halt so wie man es von Danger Danger kennt - ich liebe es! Wub

Meine Wertung: 8,5 fette Punkte!

Zielgruppe:

Chris2711, Psy, evtl. Gbuddah
Antworten
Bin bei Song 4 und mir gefällt's bisher ebenfalls sehr gut! Schön das dieses Comeback so gut funktioniert Smile
Antworten

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste