Hallo, Gast! Registrieren

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
DVD2SVCD: Interlace question
What deinterlace settings do you use when you encode? I have tried encoding an NTSC DVD without deinterlacing but the result wasnt satisfactory Smile
Antworten
The deinterlacing stuff is a little bit tricky, especially for music dvd's. Normal movie dvd's don't need deinterlacing.

My tip is to rip & encode one short chapter of each dvd, with different deinterlacing settings. The "Still Picture" function is very helpful to get a first impression

Try Blendfields or Telecide at the start, if they don't have a good result, try the others

DVD2SVCD has an option NTSC to PAL on the conversion page, try to use this.
Antworten
Ok, I have now selected ntsc->pal and blendfields deinterlacing. Hopefully this will improve the quality. Thx for the tip Smile
Antworten
what are the other options you use?

here are some i can recommend:

first off, i use smartripper to rip the dvd, not the dvd2svcd internal ripper.
simply google for "SmartRipper 2.41", that should do the job fine. you just have to select a folder where to save the ripped dvd and then click start after sr has detected the dvd

now to dvdsvcd.

layer DVD2AVI:
- just leave the options the way they are

layer AUDIO:
- select "stereo" Grin
- select a bitrate: well, that depends on your personal "taste". 128 might be enough for some, i select german as the first language and english as the second one with 192 quality for both <span style='color:red'>*</span>
- Audio 1 downsample 48 -> 44.1 : you have to activate this to get a standard-svcd in the end
- Autodetect Azid gain - activate it
- if you want to have two languages, then select "Audio 2 Priority 1".

layer FRAMESERVER:
- on 2. "Resize Method", choose "Bicubic Resize"
- on "Resize to" select "SVCD"

layer BITRATE:
- set every number in "CD Size" to "800"

layer ENCODER:
- on "Video Encoding Mode", set the number to "3"

layer bbMPEG:
- on "CD Overlap", you choose how many seconds at the start of cd2 will be played from the end of cd1. i've set it to "2"

layer CDIMAGE:
- select "VCDXBUILD", that way you'll have bin and cue files at the end, plus the possibilty to have chapters on your svcd
- select "DVD Chapters"

layer CONVERSION:
- click on that folder-like thingy to select an .ifo-file if you have ripped the dvd with smartripper
- leave "aspect ratio" the way it is, dvd2svcd chooses the best setting itself
- on "Selected AudioTracks", choose your language. you can make a second hook if you want a svcd with 2 languages (see layer AUDIO<span style='color:red'>*</span>)
- on "Deinterlace", choose "no deinterlacing" if you encode a movie. if you'd like to encode a music-dvd, you have to try sth out (rip one chapter with the "blendfieds" option for example)

- click "GO!", then "start conversation"

after that, smoke cigarettes and wait for about 8 to 10 hours or go to sleep Smile
Antworten
I have used pretty much the same settings as you, with a few exceptions. I´ll try and use your settings and then do some experimenting with the interlace settings.
Antworten
After changing my settings to match yours and using ntsc->pal and blendfields as ktulu suggested, the quality of the vid increased dramatically. Thx again for the tips Winke
Antworten
np Smile
Antworten

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste