03. Empire's End
04. The Ventriloquist
05. Grand Inquisitor
06. Message Through The Horses
07. The Throne
08. Fire For Crows
09. Two Coins For Eyes
10. Bound For Greatness

Zitat:The new Dozer album “Beyond Colossal” is really moving me. Like their last release “Through The Eyes Of Heathens,” Dozer has once again out-did themselves. Like a fine wine, this band gets better with age. The songwriting keeps building up to a level that most bands can”t accomplish. I am really blown away on how good this new record is.

“The Flood” rocks like an opening song should. Plenty of heavy riffage and great singing melodies alike, Dozer has once again returned with a vengeance. The second track “Exoskeleton, pt. II” was featured on the split “Tour EP” with Iceland”s Brain Police. A great song that formulates what Dozer is capable of. The third song entitled “Empire”s End” picks up the pace again and drives along with conviction. “The Ventriloquist” opens with bass and has a softer touch with more great singing courtesy of Fredrik. The dynamics of these songs are inspiring to say the least. The fifth song called “Grand Inquisitor” reminds me of something off of “Heathens” with the excellent guitar playing and contrasts of light to heavy.

After all, “Beyond Colossal” was recorded by Daniel Liden (drummer on “Heathens” and the first two Greenleaf albums.) He definitely knows the Dozer sound. His ability to produce such a great sounding record says a lot. All of the songs on this release are very good and stand out individually as well. The new drummer is a perfect match for the band. This will be one of this years top albums!

“The Throne”, “Fire For Crows”, and “Two Coins For Eyes” should appeal to all Dozer fans. The last song “Bound For Greatness” is a mellow tune that ends the CD perfectly with good singing and some tasty keyboards. “Beyond Colossal” will definitely be in my top 10 for 2008. For fans of any and all of the Dozer releases, this one is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for sure!!!
(Quelle: stonerrock.com)

Meine Wertung: 8.5/10

Hoerbeispiele: http://www.myspace.com/dozerrock
SATAN WORSHIPPING DOOM
Antworten
und bald seh ich sie live Woot
I hate my flesh.
It's dimension poisoned my soul with doubt.
It made me question the essence of the "I".
Antworten
ich sag mal so: Das klingt so, wie Dozer gefälligst zu klingen hat Smile
Astrein Uthumb
yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
Antworten
das wird ebenfalls zuhause gekostet Ugly
"Willst du friedlich leben? Verkehre mit den Menschen, lebe aber allein, unternimm nichts und bedauere gar nichts."
Iwan Sergejewitsch Turgenew
Antworten
klingt geil!
scheiße klingt das fett... wie konnte mir das nur bis jetzt entgehen? Smile
"Willst du friedlich leben? Verkehre mit den Menschen, lebe aber allein, unternimm nichts und bedauere gar nichts."
Antworten
geil da bin ich ja mal gespannt Woot
violators will be shot. survivors will be shot again!
Antworten
Ich find den Sound nicht wirklich gelungen. Stimmt mir da jemand zu?
Antworten
(23.10.2008, 12:25)dorftrottel schrieb: Ich find den Sound nicht wirklich gelungen. Stimmt mir da jemand zu?

nope Smile
yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
Antworten
ich find das album hammer Smile
freu mich schon so aufs konzert Woot Ylsuper Woot
I hate my flesh.
It's dimension poisoned my soul with doubt.
It made me question the essence of the "I".
Antworten
Stoner Rock ist wohl eifach nix für mich Smile
Antworten
(23.10.2008, 14:27)PunkZERO schrieb: Stoner Rock ist wohl eifach nix für mich Smile

Troest
Antworten
(23.10.2008, 14:27)PunkZERO schrieb: Stoner Rock ist wohl eifach nix für mich Smile
Du konsumierst schon deutlich mehr als der Durchschnittshörer, da fällt das nicht so ins Gewicht Smile
SATAN WORSHIPPING DOOM
Antworten
Beeindrucken Drückend.

Toll^^
Antworten
(23.10.2008, 12:32)malde schrieb:
(23.10.2008, 12:25)dorftrottel schrieb: Ich find den Sound nicht wirklich gelungen. Stimmt mir da jemand zu?

nope Smile

Also, auf der Hills have Eyes fand ich den Sound wesentlich stimmiger Smile
Antworten
Hab das Album jetzt ein paar mal gehört und bin restlos begeistert Smile
Finde den Sound eigentlich sehr Dozer-like...
violators will be shot. survivors will be shot again!
Antworten

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste