4. The Swing
5. Daemonique
6. Firegate
7. Less Than Zero
8. Murder
9. Nero Dies
10. Hateland
11. Pesticide

Zitat:On ”˜Depression Tank” DeadHead sounds very angry. They show us again their well known mixture of mid tempo parts and fast parts, and this time the fast parts are not only more present, they are also exceptionally fast. Especially drummer Hans Spijker did an enormous job in the studio, he plays like a real madman. During tracks such as ”˜Firegate”, ”˜Pesticide” and ”˜Hateland” it almost sounds as if he is losing his arms and legs! And that”s not everything. The riffs are very strong and the short but cutting solos fit in very well also. Add to this the sharp vocals from new singer and bass player Ralph de Boer and you can imagine that this album is finished off very well. DeadHead stayed loyal to their typical style and they even managed to reach new borders without losing their roots. Via ”˜Depression Tank” the band upgraded their own type of thrash metal and this is worth a big compliment. Producer Robert Slump and former shouter Tom van Dijk helped these four guys out in the Hooiland Studio in the city of Zwolle and because of this everything sounds powerful and strong. The songs are not drowning in a wall of sound and therefore they do have a certain catchy feeling and this is also worth a compliment.

Most of the time it is fast, combined with a mid tempo part every now and then, and I have to confess that I really like it this way. If a band is capable of playing this energetically and still writes songs that do not bore me at all, and if these songs even get better with every listening session (yes, this ”˜Depression Tank” needs a little time to grow on you) then I am the one who wants to give them a nice round of deserved applause.

Ziemlich rasanter Thrash den die Niederländer hier bieten, ein paar Songs konnten ein Spur langsamer und dafür ausgefeilter sein (z.B. Green Angel), insgesamt aber eine ordentliche Sache. Ersteindruck:
7 / 10 Punkten.

http://www.myspace.com/deadheadthrash
Antworten

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste