Hallo, Gast! Registrieren

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Machine Head - Unto The Locust
Zitat:San Francisco”s metal giants up the ambition to Biblical proportions.

TRULY iconic metal bands come along only once or twice in each generation, and if Metallica and Slayer are the groups who stand tallest from the 1980s, then surely Slipknot and Machine Head are their 1990s equivalents. All four came out of the blocks with planet-levelling intensity, endured periods off the creative boil and finally attained ”˜classic” status – but of the four, only Machine Head can honestly claim to still be making the best music of their lives. And make no mistake, that”s what ”˜Unto The Locust” is: the most accomplished album that Robb Flynn, Phil Demmel, Adam Duce and Dave McClain have ever recorded, alongside their two career-framing records, ”˜Burn My Eyes” and ”˜The Blackening”. Like the former, ”˜Unto The Locust” boasts a sonic palette overflowing with box-fresh ideas; like the latter, the album is a storm of complex arrangements and riffs, compiled by musicians who have gained absolute command of their vision. It”s a breathtaking work.

Right from the off it”s obvious that Machine Head are out to take chances, and consequences be damned. The three-song ”˜I Am Hell” suite begins with a minute of choral vocals before breaking into one of the huge, fully leaded groove riffs the band have made their trademark. Predictable, you say? Well, less than three minutes later your jaw will have hit the floor, because Machine Head are now playing murderously fast thrash metal. Your favourite metal band, no matter who they are, would find it a challenge to match this immense song, not least because it devolves into harmonised acoustic guitars and strings.

”˜Be Still And Know” follows up this epic opener with an amazing, Joe Satriani-style guitar loop loaded with delay. It”s a beast: the only track under six minutes long on this vast album, and even then, only just. Shredders extraordinaire Robb and Phil are on fire, layering multiple guitar solos just like they did on ”˜Aesthetics Of Hate” last time out.

You”ve heard ”˜Locust” by now, and doesn”t that central riff remind you of ”˜The Black Album”-era Metallica? But there are way too many ideas flying about for that reference to stick for long, with the song going in multiple directions. There”s that huge, audience-levelling groove at 3:16 and 6:40, which you”ll play again and again until your ears bleed – and then there”s Robb”s sweet, choirboy tenor. Told you they had a lot of ideas. This applies to ”˜This Is The End”, too, a meaty thrash tune for the pit jockeys which features a classical guitar intro.

The core of this fully evolved album is ”˜The Darkness Within”, which the Machine Head bandmembers have been reluctant to define in interviews – and with good reason. The first couple of minutes are Robb as Bob Dylan, with lines such as “I”m just a broken man” ripped from him while the song builds with agonising slowness. This is emotion at its rawest, and utterly different from anything we”ve heard from Machine Head to date. After that, the upbeat ”˜Pearls Before The Swine” keeps things going at a ferocious pace. ”˜Unto The Locust” winds up with ”˜Who We Are”, an experimental blend of children”s choral vocals, strings and an infectious chord sequence. At 4:13 there”s a maddeningly intense high-speed riff – but it only lasts 10 seconds, the swines...

Cherish ”˜Unto The Locust”: you”ll be living with it for a long time. There appears to be no end to Machine Head”s inspiration at this point: God only knows what they”ll come up with next.

[10]

JOEL McIVER
Quelle: Metal Hammer / http://www.machinehead1.com/news.html

Ich weiß ja nicht ob ich dem Autor bezüglich der wichtigsten Bands der 90er zustimmen kann, aber das Review des Albums klingt mal genial.
Hat von euch schon wer was von dem guten Stück gehört (bzw. ist es irgendwo evtl. schon auffindbar)?

Ich freu mich jedenfalls schon irre auf den Release. Machine Head haben bisher bis auf ganz wenige Ausnahmen mit jedem neuen Album genau meinen Nerv getroffen und die Blackening läuft bei mir zB immer noch regelmässig.
I hate my flesh.
It's dimension poisoned my soul with doubt.
It made me question the essence of the "I".
Antworten
Wow, sogar Machine Head locken hier keinen mehr hinter dem Ofen hervor. *beifall klatsch*
SATAN WORSHIPPING DOOM
Antworten
Wunderte mich auch schon ”¦
I hate my flesh.
Antworten
Wenn es Hörproben des kompletten Albums geben sollte, gebe ich dir Bescheid. Smile
SATAN WORSHIPPING DOOM
Antworten
Danke Gott
I hate my flesh.
Antworten
Die haben mich noch nie interessiert :O

Aber
Zitat:TRULY iconic metal bands come along only once or twice in each generation, and if Metallica and Slayer are the groups who stand tallest from the 1980s, then surely Slipknot and Machine Head are their 1990s equivalents.
fand ich ziemlich lustig. So eine Aussage ist natürlich immer nur rein subjektiv zu treffen, vorallem bei der Beschränkung auf zwei Bands, dennoch musste ich da ein wenig lachen.
Antworten
Machine Head haben paar Song die mir ein wenig gefallen aber ansonsten juckt mich die Band auch nicht.
Aber meine Faves kennt hier eh jeder mittlerweile ^^
[Heute 14:12] Wizz21 : Aus meinem Mund wird über den Hopp nie wieder etwas schlechtes kommen
[Heute 00:05] Wizz21: np: Joey's Freiheit - Ohne dich (geh kackn!) <- k
Antworten
Hab den titletrack im stream gehört und fand ihn nach zweimaligen hören eher mäßig. Bin mal gespannt aufs Album.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Und wenn die Amerikaner Krieg führen. Die können ja mit chirurgischer Präzision aus 5 km Höhe... aus 5 km Höhe mit chirurgischer Präzision können die... die können keine Maschine bauen, die Zettel zählen kann... aber die können aus 5 km Höhe mit chirurgischer Präzision die von der UNO verbotenen Splitterbomben um die Zivilbevölkerung herum abwerfen. Wenn da einer zur Seite springt, kann man halt nichts machen...
Antworten
(13.09.2011, 15:49)Psychotoxic schrieb: Hab den titletrack im stream gehört und fand ihn nach zweimaligen hören eher mäßig.

+1

Antworten
+1
[Bild: 76561198168338359.png]
Antworten
Zitat:Die haben mich noch nie interessiert :O

+1
[Bild: Guru_meditation.gif]
Antworten
(13.09.2011, 20:14)Necrophiliac schrieb:
Zitat:Die haben mich noch nie interessiert :O

+1

+1

Ich kenne nichtmal ein Album oder ein einziges Lied von denen obwohl ich sie mehr als einmal irgendwo gehört habe und sogar mal auf der platte hatte. Wieso also etwas zu einer Band schreiben die einem am Arsch vorbeirauscht? Na ja... jetzt ist es doch passiert :tugly:
"Willst du friedlich leben? Verkehre mit den Menschen, lebe aber allein, unternimm nichts und bedauere gar nichts."
Iwan Sergejewitsch Turgenew
Antworten
Auf neue Machine Head Alben freue mich mich eigtl immer ungemein Smile Leider habe ich auch noch keine komplette Vorabversion finden können und den einen Track habe ich auch verpasst (naja, scheint eh nicht gut anzukommen...). Werde mich also weiter in Geduld üben müssen.
GIMME FUE GIMME FAH GIMME DABUJABUZA
Antworten
http://soundcloud.com/roadrunnerrecords/...ead-locust

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Und wenn die Amerikaner Krieg führen. Die können ja mit chirurgischer Präzision aus 5 km Höhe... aus 5 km Höhe mit chirurgischer Präzision können die... die können keine Maschine bauen, die Zettel zählen kann... aber die können aus 5 km Höhe mit chirurgischer Präzision die von der UNO verbotenen Splitterbomben um die Zivilbevölkerung herum abwerfen. Wenn da einer zur Seite springt, kann man halt nichts machen...
Antworten
Danke schön.
Der Song ist tatsächlich etwas lahm. Was nicht so schlimm wäre, wenn die Vocals nicht so dermaßen unterproduziert wären, aber so ist der Track nicht grad ein Heißmacher...
GIMME FUE GIMME FAH GIMME DABUJABUZA
Antworten

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste